Seattle Supercross Round 15

barrington314

PR Elite
Seattle3.jpg

I’ll give you an idea of how empty the place was. Dodge Motorsports Hart & Huntington team manager Kenny Watson said he left his suite at the race as soon as the podium interviews started, and wasn’t bugged by any fans whatsoever on his way back to through the concourse and to the pits. In itself, this wouldn’t have been that big of a deal because, you know, it’s Watson. But he was with team owner Carey Hart, his wife Pink (the world famous Grammy award pop singer) and Chad Reed (the two-time supercross champ, as well as the people’s champ). The four of them just walked the empty concourse, about fifteen minutes after the race, and Watson claims not one fan stopped them to get a picture or an autograph or anything.​

rvseattle-1.jpg
let me offer you six reasons on why you should keep watching the supercross series and also, why you should hit up a race near you.

1. Can Ryan Villopoto finish with the highest margin of victory in supercross history? Hey, it’s something folks! RV’s at 115 with three races left, and at the end of Jeremy McGrath’s epic ’96 season, he had a 132-point lead. So Villopoto is close, but it’s definitely not a gimme by any means. With Ryan Dungey rumored to be coming back this weekend, things could get tight for RV, as Dungey is going for second in the points and will most likely end up second in the races. Also, if RV sweeps the last three races he will have a remarkable twenty-four wins in three years, which by my count is the third best three-year streak in supercross history after Jeremy McGrath and Ricky Carmichael. So yeah, there are records to be chased here people!

2. Who’s going to get second? The battle for second in the points is also up for grabs between JGR Toyota Yamaha’s Davi Millsaps, Team Honda Muscle Milk’s Justin Brayton and if he comes back, Red Bull KTM’s Dungey. There are 14 points between the three of them, and Millsaps leads Brayton by five. So it’s getting good people! Getting top three in the points is pretty cool because generally in the history books, the top three are almost always listed so it’s an achievement. You’ll be there for history. From what I hear, there’s no contractual money for earning second in the points for Millsaps or Dungey but there might be for Brayton. So there’s that race. Both Brayton and Millsaps have led races this year and both guys, injury-depleted field or not, have been pretty good. And all three racers had to deal with some adversity, as well. Brayton missed a main way back at Los Angeles, and Millsaps is clearly the second guy over there on the JGR team. Being the second guy is a lesson in patience and understanding. Like, say, if your team only has one *****en' gas tank/shroud thingee to use and you’re the odd man out. I just plucked that out of the air. What’s Dungey’s adversity you ask? Well, how about getting on a bike that had NEVER EVER EVER been on the podium in a premiere class supercross race before?

3. I’m not wishing any ill will on the Dodge Motorsports Hart & Huntington guys, but maybe you should check out the races to see if either of their fill-in guys, Kyle Regal or Tyler Bowers, gets hurt and has to drop out of the series. I mean, why not? The original four riders (Ivan Tedesco, Josh Hansen, Josh Hill and Kyle Partridge) are all done for the year in what has to be some sort of modern-day record. Heck, even their, “we’re so awesome, we’re going to pick up a privateer out of the pits and give him a ride for a day,” move of getting Mike Horban didn’t even work out when he knocked himself out in practice. This team can’t catch a break. Or maybe they can and that’s the problem.

4. We still have a great battle on our hands in the Western Regional Supercross Lites series. With just three rounds left, GEICO Powersports Honda’s Eli Tomac and Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki’s Dean Wilson are going at it with only two points between them. And at only fifteen points out of the lead in third place, Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda’s Cole Seely is certainly within striking distance. This title fight is going to be great. Before the break, it was Tomac’s to lose, but a crash and subsequent DNF in San Diego got Wilson right back into it. With the potential for some bad weather this weekend in Seattle, then Salt Lake City (where it snowed a couple years ago) and then Vegas (with it they run the weirdo first race of the night is your main event format), anything can happen. Both riders are looking for their first supercross title, but with Wilson going to a 450 next year, this is his last chance.

5. We have the Dave Coombs Sr. East/West shootout! The finale in Vegas offers the only opportunity of the year to see the West Coast guys go against the East Coast guys, and while last year’s shootout had the intensity of a 14-year-old girls’ pillow fight, it’s still cool to see the guys out there at the same time. If it were me, I’d keep the Vegas race as the final for both the Eastern and Western regions, and add in a few more East/West races during the year like they used to have. Then again, if it was up to me I’d do a lot of things to shake up supercross but no one ever listens to me.

6. There’s still something cool about seeing a rider get on the podium for the first time all year, like in New Orleans with Josh Grant. Mike Alessi could still do it, Andrew Short could still do it, Brett Metcalfe could definitely do it and call me nuts, but I could see Kyle Chisholm with the ability to do it as well. Honestly, with Grant’s podium coming completely out of left field, why couldn’t anyone grab their first podium? Everything about this series is bonkers.

And Bros, dont trip out when you see Gavin Faith on the JGR MX 450 this weekend and next. just filling in for JS7 while his hand heals.
[FONT=&amp]
Josh Hansen ‏ <s>@</s>joshhansen100
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Neighbor is about to get his ass whipped....<s>#</s>alwayspickyourdogs****up[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Ryan Villopoto ‏ <s>@</s>ryan_villopoto2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Pikes place. Fresh seafood!![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
rvseattle.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Up early in Seattle for the morning show. Will be on king 5 in about 15 mins or so!![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]All I have to say is good thing I'm on FL time. Or I would not be happy right now.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Brett Metcalfe ‏ <s>@</s>bmetty24 [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Long day testing outdoors, bodys feeling the effects right now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]China town. Seattle!!![/FONT]
acda77c489a211e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

oh yea, Roczen on a 350 this weekend
d1620bb0891211e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

[FONT=&amp]
Ricky Carmichael ‏ <s>@</s>RickyCarmichael
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Stay thirsty my friends[/FONT]

Back