OMA District X Illustrated - May-June - Issue 03

ohioactionphoto

PR Addict
Sorry this is a little late. Should be another one out by mid month-ish. Hope you all are digging it!

Download it here: http://ohioactionphoto.com/OMA.html

or here: https://www.facebook.com/OhioActionPhoto

See you at Bean's tomorrow if you're there. Come out and support their race, it's the first one since D12...

Issue3.jpg

You guys need someone to cover the quad angle. As a professional journalist who has freelanced for Dirtwheels and ATVScene I'd be happy to volunteer my services. That piece on quad fest had a "nuke-the-quads" odor.

GravityWrider;90519 said:
You guys need someone to cover the quad angle. As a professional journalist who has freelanced for Dirtwheels and ATVScene I'd be happy to volunteer my services. That piece on quad fest had a "nuke-the-quads" odor.

Jeff threw that in there, I don't think it was that bad, I didn't detect the odor. But we do need help, we need writers that can cover races, occasionally a one-off practice event. Our good friend Jeff Willis has put together this kick ass publication, but he can't do it all by himself. So if anyone out there that thinks they would like to help in an article once in awhile shot Ohio action photo ( aka Jeff Willis) a message.

GravityWrider;90519 said:

Thanks Ya'll. We are trying but it's just basically me putting everything together every month with Heller and Jarrett kicking in some writing and creative input. We are looking for writers to cover events but I am only interested in people who are willing to contribute on a regular basis, it just takes too much time to integrate someone new to just have them bail after a couple of articles. Interested parties please message me.

Personally I would love it if we had a couple of voices from different ages. If there are any kids out there looking to get some writing experience I would be willing to work with them on race coverage articles. I agree with you like you said, I would like a quad rider, and also someone from the VET perspective (but I think Heller has the grumpy old man covered). Someone who attends ALOT of races would be ideal.

As far as your "nuke the quads" comment, sorry if you got that impression. I'm not quite sure how you got a negative vibe out of such a small article that is basically telling people to give the Quad people some respect and to drop the beef. Unless you thought I was just being sarcastic and if that's the case you should really be a little less pessimistic when reading. I am not a quad rider, so I was merely speaking about that event from my own perspective. If you felt that way due to the length of the article (in comparison to Jarretts 1500 word-er lol)... I was just covering it from my own subjective standpoint, and that is through images (there are 2x more pages/images represented in that article). I am so busy shooting photos at the races I unable to pay close attention to the details of the race for a proper article or recap.

Anyway, my idea is for all the contributors to have 100% creative freedom (myself included). None of us have made a single dime from this yet, if ever. We do it because we care about OHMX. Period. How often do you find that in our sport nowadays??? So if Jarrett wants to talk about God or America or his personal life so be it. If Trent wants to rant about something that bothers him I say go for it. These articles are OPINION based, so please take our personal standpoints with a grain of salt, or if you all find something completely unpalatable you can read it and leave it!

Jeff, Great job with the article and all the great shots of the quad guys. I didn't think JR was going to pull that last one back.

No disrespect meant, just from my perspective the piece drug in the bike element into a piece about quads unnecessarily, that's all. I'll message you. You guys are doing a good job.

No it's totally all good, and no disrespect taken all. Now that you explain it that way I can see what you're saying. Like I said I can only see it through my own lens and bikes (and unfortunately the whole quads vs. bikes thing) is part of that. That being said I would love to have someone writing for us that does have a background with the quad people, so if anyone out there sees this or knows of someone who has an interest have them get in touch with me. The newsletter/magazine is growing slowly, but I think we're off to a fairly good start. Thank you to everyone for their words of encouragement and support.

Back