racing rules 4 stroke vs 2 stroke

VETRIDER801

PR Member
Me and a buddy were talking I was under the assumtion that if you raced a 250 2 stroke you had to ride 450 class in b and c classes

he thinks now that you can run a 250 2 stroke in with the 250 4 strokes any promoters can chime in im curious what the rule is

for the record I know im over 40, but I have a taste for what theses 4 strokes cost to fix when they blow up and its just plain nuts what they cost in parts alone let alone labor costs I have one now but if I replace it it probably will be with a 2 stroke.

heck when it comes down to it I am faster at mt morris on the KX-125 than the 250f by 10 seconds a lap and I hit the jumps the same on both bikes so thats not it maybe old dogs cant learn new tricks, lol

New AMA rule about two maybe 3 years ago and most local sanctions have made 250 smokers eligible for 250 A,B,C and open classes. So your good to own a 250 smoker and racing the 250 class and open if you wanted.

New AMA rule about two maybe 3 years ago and most local sanctions have made 250 smokers eligible for 250 A,B,C and open classes. So your good to own a 250 smoker and racing the 250 class and open if you wanted.

Me and a buddy were talking I was under the assumtion that if you raced a 250 2 stroke you had to ride 450 class in b and c classes

he thinks now that you can run a 250 2 stroke in with the 250 4 strokes any promoters can chime in im curious what the rule is

for the record I know im over 40, but I have a taste for what theses 4 strokes cost to fix when they blow up and its just plain nuts what they cost in parts alone let alone labor costs I have one now but if I replace it it probably will be with a 2 stroke.

heck when it comes down to it I am faster at mt morris on the KX-125 than the 250f by 10 seconds a lap and I hit the jumps the same on both bikes so thats not it maybe old dogs cant learn new tricks, lol
Im 41 and have been riding a 450 for the past 10 years and just couldn't afford it anymore. So, I found myself a 04 Cr250r. I love it. I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep up in the vet classes but I actually feel faster on it. Whether I am or not is debatable, but I'm having a blast! And... I can actually work on it!

Back