Rv2.....nationals yes....errrr no...

JB_519

PR Addict
Helen Keller saw this coming , after stating a few weeks ago to McGrath he was racing nationals , rv2 will now undergo knee surgery with metcalf filling in... :eek: .... Stewie and rd5 are doin the happy dance !!

I think with RV out, Stewart will be fast and win a bunch of races. But I think Dungey with his speed and consistency will win the championship. Roczen and Reed will be tough along with all the others, but I still pick RD5 as champ. Get well soon Villopoto and come back just in time for MXON.

Too many fans and photographers close to the track for Bubba in outdoor SX. The distractions will hurt his chances. Dungey and Roczen battle for the championship.......and don't forget how fast Trey Canard can be outdoors! He could be a longshot if he stays healthy.

Don't forget Dungey was faster than Stewart almost every race last year. I'd like to see Reed take the championship though.

It would be cool for Reed to win, but he has been off the bike a while.
The rest of the crew has been stepping up their game and training.
RD5 goes good outdoors if his bike runs...

What's up with Millsaps? Is he in for outdoors or not? Knee has got to be healed by now. He is still young, and has talent, but man......the longer he is away, the more his stock is dropping in my opinion.

Damn, hate that RV's out. Still should be a good season outdoors. It's Stew's to loose, but he will be challeged. I'm looking forward to them. We have 3 or so options fairly close to us here in the Buckeye State. Too bad they don't have a Re Bud 1, 2, and 3 with back to back weekends at High Point... ;)

Millsaps will be back by week three , not sure where I read it but he will back for sure .
What's up with Millsaps? Is he in for outdoors or not? Knee has got to be healed by now. He is still young, and has talent, but man......the longer he is away, the more his stock is dropping in my opinion.
ill

I would love to see Canard get a solid season, he has been through more ups and downs with injuries than 95% of the field, and everytime he comes back he is right there for a top 5 finish.

Gotta go with JO tho, have a feeling stewie will step away pretty quick if he stay smooth.

Not to kill the RV thread, but any word is CP377 is coming back? Thought I read that before SX he was testing with a team for lites outdoors.

Ok, I will say it... The 2014 champion... MIKE ALESSI.
He is fast and consistent outside.
btw, Peick in the top 5 in the points and a moto win after Stewey and Mookie take out half the field in turn one of ______ (fill in the race)

Mikey is suppose to be racing in Canada this summer so I would say that's a good bet Chris!

btw, Peick in the top 5 in the points and a moto win after Stewey and Mookie take out half the field in turn one of ______ (fill in the race)
Pretty sure he is racing Canada this summer.

You know I actually kind of forgot about Alessi. What, two years ago, he was in 1st or 2nd battling for the lead all the time? If I were Alessi, I would rethink racing in the US this summer.

RV and PEDs.......Hummmm, never thought about that, but that is interesting that now all the sudden he has decided to get it fixed. Maybe something there.

Rv out now that PED testing in place? Hmmmmm.......

http://racerxonline.com/2014/05/02/mx-sports

X 2!

MX Sports Enters into Agreement With U.S. Anti-Doping Agency

MAY 2, 2014 10:10AM
  • MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – MX Sports Pro Racing announced today that it has entered into an agreement with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) to implement a comprehensive anti-doping program in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code (Code) for the 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing. The 12-round championship is set to begin on Saturday, May 24 in San Bernardino, Calif. with the Red Bull Glen Helen National.

According to Davey Coombs, President of MX Sports Pro Racing, “USADA is a leader in the international anti-doping community, and we’re pleased to be able work with this agency to conduct testing during the 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.”

Coombs added, “Testing for performance-enhancing substances in professional sports in the U.S. has proven to be an effective and necessary way to ensure that the playing field is level for all athletes. With USADA conducting the anti-doping program in accordance with the international standards of the WADA Code for the 2014 championship, Pro Motocross joins other professional sports that have adopted similar testing programs designed to protect the integrity of our races.”

USADA is responsible for the testing and results management process for athletes in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement, and is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs. Information on the World Anti-Doping Agency Code or the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is available atwww.usada.org.

The 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship kicks off this month with the return of the Red Bull Glen Helen National in San Bernardino, Calif. on Saturday, May 24.

For additional information on the series, please visit www.promotocross.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for exclusive content and additional information on the latest Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship news.

The series has had drug testing (including PED's) since the early '90's.
They are just going to start using the same system that others use and people are familiar with.
Guess it depends on what Overlord Coombs decides what is a PED and what is a simple medication / supplement. And of course those definitions depend on who is asking the question. Do you REALLY think they are going to sully the name and reputation of one of the biggest names in the sport and one of, if not the biggest draw??? A middle of the road guy like Peick, Hot Sauce, of even a Weimer should be careful. It would put the sport in the headlines without removing the biggest names. (It could be used to void contracts for under performing riders...cough, cough, Weimer, cough)
Yes, I do believe there was someone on the grassy null.

Back