Malvern Night racing

John250

PR Founding Father
My son and I were thinking of making a trip to Malvern for one of the Saturday night races. I've never had any issues seeing too much at night. But watched a couple go pros, and man.....it seemed like there were some very dark areas, and then the lighted areas were fine. Is it just because of the GoPros not picking up that much light? Are the videos making it look much worse than it really is?

I close my eyes half the time anyway. Let me know when you go up. I want to make a few. Love racing under the lights...

The track is fun and safe. I can see fine there at night. If you've never been there, come check it out and see for yourself. Its a fun atmosphere and Jason and crew run a great program!

The gopro exaggerates the dark areas. The track is plenty Lit up. You will have no problems with visibility with clear non tinted lenses.

Cool. I figured it was just the Go Pro. I always liked racing on Saturday nights. We are going to try to make it up there for a night race.

I can see fine even with tinted lenses, granted there are a couple spots where I kinda just have to guess where a line is. Namely the short straight leading up to where you double or triple or quad into the rollers. And a little bit of the turn before and going up the face of the table before the finish line.

If you can't see well enough to ride with how well it is lit. You probably shouldn't be driving out on the roads on night.

Night racing is awesome. Cools temps, everything runs better, I feel better. More festive. I sure wish I had a facility that was setup for nights. Make the trip john, but definitely stay the night or get a room. The drive back is usually hell that late, especially after motos. I can remember leaving spokes with both windows down, ac on full blast and Metallica turn almost all the way up to get me home awake.

Cool. I figured it was just the Go Pro. I always liked racing on Saturday nights. We are going to try to make it up there for a night race.

They usually run practice during the day before the night race. Pretty sweet!

You'll get plenty of track time.

BC needs to put up some lights after there big events this year. BC 24 hr race 2016. Stamp it.

Last edited:
I think it is pretty good but it can always be better. We are in the process of replacing the smaller square lights with larger and much brighter round ones. We have a dozen of them now and have a line on 20 more. It will be a year long processes $$$$$$$.

They usually run practice during the day before the night race. Pretty sweet!

You'll get plenty of track time.

BC needs to put up some lights after there big events this year. BC 24 hr race 2016. Stamp it.

Yeah, over a redid C track....with the old gates...Friday night series like... ;)

I think it is pretty good but it can always be better. We are in the process of replacing the smaller square lights with larger and much brighter round ones. We have a dozen of them now and have a line on 20 more. It will be a year long processes $$$$$$$.

It's the quads fault it's dark... ;)

Right Hershey? CK1?...

cool. I have never had issues at night. Love the track, I am gonna make it up to one of the night races.

Back