Finding CannonBall Baker

HoleshotKTM

PR Addict
Just something fun to share.....
Denny Laidig just returned from this historic ride across the USA from San Diego to New York City. He rode a KTM 1190 Adventure R.
Don Emde spent over three years putting this ride together. The idea was to follow the trail/path of Erwin Baker who rode this route in 1914. Erwin Baker rode this route in 1914 on a 7 horsepower Indian. The CannonBall Group started out on Saturday May 3, 2014 exactly 100 years to the day to the minute to follow Cannonball Baker's route. I have some links with descriptions of each day from www.motorcycles.org. and pictures . Don Emde's facebook pages give a bunch of fun information. Cannonball Bakers web site lets you follow him and follow the Cannonball Group with a then and now comparison . Denny left Akron on Sunday April 27, 2014. He met up with Perry Noel from Bowling Green Kentucky. Together they rode out to Olde San Diego for the start of this epic journey. This journey is really well documented from many sources. If you would like more information please let me know and I will forward links on to you.
http://www.cannonballproject.com/content/

Attachments

• MAY 3, 2013 DENNY AND CANNONBALL RIDERS.jpg
    MAY 3, 2013 DENNY AND CANNONBALL RIDERS.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 296
  • Denny Laidig with Cannonball Group Crown Hill Cemetery.jpg
    Denny Laidig with Cannonball Group Crown Hill Cemetery.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 261
  • MAY 3, 2014 ADVENTURE BEGINS.jpg
    MAY 3, 2014 ADVENTURE BEGINS.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 265
  • CANNONBALL MAY 8, 2014 THREE EAST COAST RIDERS.JPG