Ironman Track

WOW! All I have to say is WOW! From reading the posts, I would expect better, and this isn't MX Sports first rodeo. Guys shouldn't be falling off the jumps. Either they were not built right or they are to technical. Sad to hear about many injuries also. But that is the nature of Regionals sometimes.....

Kinda makes me feel bad when I criticized the race at Big Game because the motos were to short. That race was safe and fun at Big Game-just to short. Man, that isn't nothing compared to what I read here, VitalMX and on Facebook about Ironman regional.

Hopefully for my friends that do the regional at Muddy Creek, it won't be like last year for them and be an improvement.

Last edited:
Maybe the OHIO guys should send JO over there and work it like he does the cliff...........

There are two kinds of dirt, the kind with rocks and the kind without. If they didn't have rocks, then the dirt is doable. I have completely lost all of my top soil at the Cliff and I can make that epic, so I know it's possible.

I thought the track was awesome. I'm not sure where all the complaints are coming from.

Here's a GoPro from my first moto of 25+ :

There is no dust when your in the front half of the pack. Track looks good but gopro's don't show sketchy holes in the jumps. Wide turns with deep ruts are great passing zones so I would assume those of you that stayed on both wheels had a good time and the guys that hit the dirt and or DNQ did not care for the track. Cant please everyone but having another national in the mid west is 100% better then another Cali track.
I heard the track has basically been complete since late last fall, just seems like that they should have had at least one local race to work out any bugs.
How did you guys like the high-speed righthand first turn? I always kinda liked right handers since it makes you brake at the last second to get a holeshot.

I had mixed feelings about the place. It was definitely rough and had some sketchy rutted jumps with kickers. But then by Sunday i either got used to it or it was a heck of a lot better. I will say those helmet cams do not come close to capturing how rough the track really was.

One thing I could not believe was how poorly the edges of the track were marked on friday. There were multiple spots where everyone there was using lines that weren't intended to be part of the track. Then when they decided to change one (the first left hander) they just put tough blocks at the edge of the track that were half way down a hill. Luckily I saw them do this while watching, but I saw a lot of people hitting them or nearly wrecking because you couldn't see them until it was too late. Eventually they fixed it the right way but it's scary some of the things I saw from these so called experts.

Nice riding...that plus 25 class was fast..

Listen what Plessinger thinks. Bout 4.40 min.

Glory hogs. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Back