Moto making a comeback in Southern Ohio?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So I may have been a tiny bit critical of the state of moto in and around the southern half of the state but credit must be given where it is due. After seeing 244 show at Dayton a couple weeks ago, I ventured down to Dirt Country this week to help with my cousins two young sons at there first ever race. After racing every race at DC from 1980 through 1999 I for sure wasn't expecting any surprises... Boy, was I wrong...
The dirt was un-freaking-believable... PERFECT. Tilled deep and watered just right. The dirt held water so well that even with the 90 degree heat, the track crew just turned it over at intermission and the only dust was on the faces of the jumps...
Got to see old friends like Matt Powers continue his streak of at least one race at DC for 26 straight years.
"Bald Peterloaf" Mike Palmer make his return to Ohio MX after a forgettable stent in the "state up north"
Ex-foe Tod Gilbert still have major speed in the 40+ and even hanging with Scott Metz in the 30+.
Had some great bench racing with "Golden" Rand and even got to see our good buddy Johnny250 slap his bean on the ground after a vicious highside. Hope your feeling better Johnny.
Good to see we still have a good number of racers in So-Hi-O.. Maybe some more good news coming later for our area...:rolleyes:

I am fine. First time I ever had a get off, and I remember nothing about it! Maybe you can clue me in on what happened. I remember nothing of it. Bruise on chin from chin strap, sore jaw, neck, right wrist and left ankle. Hardest get off I have had in a LONG time. My guess probably a slight concession I would imagine. I will be fine though. Might skip racing/riding this weekend and next and wait till DMC to ride again just to be safe.

The dirt was un-freaking-believable...

That is great news. I've been to DC when it was prepped well and it can be unbelieveable. Glad to hear they're taking steps in the right direction down there. Thanks for the update. John, I'm glad you're ok. We can all use a reboot now and then.

I am fine. First time I ever had a get off, and I remember nothing about it! Maybe you can clue me in on what happened. I remember nothing of it. Bruise on chin from chin strap, sore jaw, neck, right wrist and left ankle. Hardest get off I have had in a LONG time. My guess probably a slight concession I would imagine. I will be fine though. Might skip racing/riding this weekend and next and wait till DMC to ride again just to be safe.

John, that wasn't a slight concussion that was a concussion. Glad to hear you're okay, but you should probably go get checked out.

Back