2015 yamahas

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Fiiinnaaallllyy a freaking update to the yz250.

Pre ordered mine today. Ill have the first one that rolls into Geneva, Ohio. I'm so pumped!!!!!

YYEEEAAAAAAA!!!

image.jpg

I've got the first 125 coming into Geneva. I wish it was mine instead of my sons. But I know what I'm going to do while he's at school. Ha ha ha ha!!!

nice changes but mostly cosmetic. triple clamps and suspension can be updated easily enough. still could never justify buying a new yz250. only 2 stroke id buy new is a ktm anymore. unless they ever did more significant updates than that stuff. sweet though.

Eh. My 250 ran just as good as any Ktm I rode. After you bolt on a pipe and the vforce.

I'm just excited as I absolutely hate 4 strokes. Can't ride them. Don't know how I did in 2004-2006. Hate them. Haha. My 450s suspension stock is the best stuff I've ever ridden on right out of the shop. So to add that to the 250 has me not thinking twice about paying 7 grand.

I hope they fly off the showroom floor so the manufacturer sees the interest in dollar signs and gets back to developing them more aggressively. Black wheels would have been nice but aesthetics are aesthetics.

Hopefully the other colors follow suit and re introduce 2 stroke models.

I hope they fly off the showroom floor so the manufacturer sees the interest in dollar signs and gets back to developing them more aggressively. Black wheels would have been nice but aesthetics are aesthetics.

Definitely seems like they are making a come back, keep seeing more and more at the tracks each week. I'm still up in the air on my next bike being a two-stroke or four. There are times when the traction and low vibration of the 4 stroke are appealing to me, but I'm pretty glad I've stuck with my smoker all these years.

Now when they finally come out with a direct injection two stroke...I think the days of the thumper will be over...

For sure alot more smokers at the tracks lately. When you nail a corner or section perfect on a 2-stroke, that feeling is unobtainable by any thumper dumper.

index.php

I'm getting ready to do some laps on the old '06. It has more stuff than the '15 will have. :)

There are times when the traction and low vibration of the 4 stroke are appealing to me, but I'm pretty glad I've stuck with my smoker all these years.

Thats where Im struggling, I can ride aprils RMZ for 6-7 laps at a good race pace. Get on my RM, 2 laps in my arms feel like I just pitched the opening game of the world series.

Thats where Im struggling, I can ride aprils RMZ for 6-7 laps at a good race pace. Get on my RM, 2 laps in my arms feel like I just pitched the opening game of the world series.

Ha. That's exactly how I feel with my yz 450. My arms are rubber after two laps. The 250 2 stroke I can run harder for longer.

Back