Anyone wanna talk Lucas Oil Pro MX??...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Thought I night try something new on Pitracer and we might talk some national moto. If we are elsewhere (on this site), please clue me in. Might be difficult, but try anyway. ;)

Anyone watch the race over the weekend? Any thoughts?
  • The blue complete domination has ended in the 250's.
  • Is Roczen for real or will the vets catch up?
  • Reedy started whining again. Said no respect in 13th place. Was he joking or expecting them to pull over for him?

I personally think Jeremy Martin is the real deal outdoors. He had a bad moto. Can you imagine him at Millville? I predict complete domination when the series goes to his parents track. Cooper Webb, also very good outdoors. I think it will be those two and Baggett the most consistent at the front in the 250s.

Your boy Bubba finally got a moto win. He got all his fans excited and talking.......now in Bubba fashion he will probably follow that up with a get off, and pull out of a moto.

Roczen, is the real deal. He could be the champion this year. Just my thought, but if he goes Yellow next year, the same results will be hard to follow up.

Is Barcia hurt again? When is Tomac due back? Is Millsaps ever returning?

The TV package sucks! Once again, we have to flip around for the races. Or if your like me and have At&t UVerse you don't even get MavTV. Yeah, real smart. Negotiate a deal on some network that half the country does not get! How about going to ESPN2 and get a deal done!!

Roczen will win this year barring any injuries or mechanical. If he goes yellow look out. He will dominate even worse next year. He grew up on those yellow bikes!

The Dunge will be his typical bridesmaid with his lack of killer instinct. Its too bad because he is an amazingly talented rider.

I predict Martin will win by a hair in the end

Stewie will be a consistent podium guy without any get offs or whining. You didnt see it in SX and you wont see it now. New leaf turned.

I missed the Reed stuff. He will get better as the year goes though.

I liked Emig better than Langston for a commentator. I think Emig needed time off to go prove he can ride at LL again. But most likely they chose GL because he sounds as bad or worse than Ralph. He doesnt make ralph look like as much of an idiot as Emig did.

I have UVerse as well and seriously thinking about switching (AGAIN) to a company that carries MavTV.
The other network, CBS sports, NBC sports, Fill-in-the-blank sports, their coverage sux, 50% of each moto is filled with commercials. And why do we have to have Commentators with English accent's? Langston is OK but the chic in on the track is just annoying. I tried to watch the wore-out X-Games and its the same thing, English accents on nearly every event. (X-games has jumped the shark. I am officially over that crap)
All blow to the great and powerful Reed. "No respect".. Earn it THIS YEAR and you will get respect. Do you think if Ricky or Jeremy came out of retirement and raced, would he just let them by? Then he has no respect.
Barcia, Tomac and Millsaps all had surgery this past week. Had to have a new vagina installed. If Chandelier Canard can make it to the Outdoors, what is their excuses?
I'm still scratching my head on the Hot Sauce to RCH contract... HOW, no WHY would anyone give him a ride? I guess Hanson was not available.
Any news on Wilson? Since he was fileted like a catfish in Redneck country, I am assuming he will be out a while?
I say champs are Martin in 250 and The Dung in 450. Rock is fast but he is one Johnny250 highside away from a DNF.
Good racing so far, can wait to see Southwick... no wait....

I didnt catch the reed comment, it sounds pretty amusing. Roczen was doing damage all weekend. Passing guys on the outside and just staying smooth.

Dont have much for the annoucers although I did like how GL was referring to Roczens line choices and giving some pointers to the kids watching. I have never seen any commentator do that, that was cool.

Now, im not a 100% but im pretty sure they kept blue flagging dungey towards the end. And they didnt cut to commercial fast enough and you could hear Roczen ask what happen to Canard. That was neat cause you know they are aware of the racing going on around them, but they never talk about it. Just sponsors, the man above, commercial.

I didnt catch the reed comment, it sounds pretty amusing.
Just whining like the days when RC was whipping him in SX. 'Tis what it reminded me of. Suppose he is just frustrated. He needs to learn to shy away from the media when he is...

And they didnt cut to commercial fast enough and you could hear Roczen ask what happen to Canard. That was neat cause you know they are aware of the racing going on around them, but they never talk about it. Just sponsors, the man above, commercial.

Yeah, I caught that too! :)

In the end, unless Roczen has a bad race, he'l take it with the riding he is doing and 5 & 7 will battle for second although Stewy will need a few top spots on the podium. I do get tired of hearing him complain about bike setup. Can it really be that bad? I think not, but who am I? Yes, no one. ;)

I think the 250's is still wide open. Martin proved he has some growing up to do when coming from behind. Should make it a good series. Would like to see more of them mix it up all race long though...

I think the 450s are going to get real interesting here pretty soon. Everyone was on the JS7 bandwagon after Supercross because he won a lot of races and looked like himself. Now after 3 races (and a moto win) everyone has jumped off again it seems. He pushed SX all season and didn't test for outdoors much. You see this in car racing a lot where after a race they say "we just went the wrong way on setup" and they are nowhere near the front. I think that at this level, yes it can be a difference maker. Especially for someone with the speed of Stewart. Roczen looks awfully good though. With all of that being said, my early thoughts were that Stewart would be off the pace at the first couple of races and turn it on around the 3rd or 4th round. I'll stick to that. I think he will chip away at this thing and Roczen will get burnt out. I say it's Stew, Diesel, Roczen at the end of this thing. All good thoughts above though and who knows in motocross!

Love the fact that there are some new faces at the front of the packs this season in both classes. Roczen as a rookie is killing it in the 450 class so far…… who would have guessed that? And no one guessed Jeremy Martin in the 250's to be the MAN so far. And Cooper Webb pulling right in 2nd place most of the time…… it's crazy.

I just like to see good racing going on, and there is plenty of that, so I'm happy when I see a moto that has battles up front for the podium positions. I get bored when the same old guys are way out front, so this change of pace this year has been good in my mind. Keep them all healthy and racing is what I want to see all the way through the series.

You guys without MavTV are not missing much, I have it on DirectTV but it's not HD. I have a 65" 4K TV and it's literally like watching a 1975 local TV news broadcast, you can't even read the scroll across the top to see where the rest of the field is. Just watch for the re-broadcast on the NBCSC or wait till it's available on the web. The European GP's are also on direct tv and there has been some great racing in that series, sorry I forget what specific channel but you can search for it pretty easily.

No real programming in 4K yet ( but actually quite a bit on youtube) and the only sport I watch on TV is MX, I don't even watch SX and wish it would go away. I got a great deal on the new TV when they first became available on Amazon. I would just wait and watch the Allisports uploads but to many people like to blab the results on social media as soon as it happens.
Another problem with the MavTV coverage is during the commercials you can hear Weigandt & Langston still calling the race. It's at a much lower volume but you can still pick it up, sucks to hear them talking about the race while watching those crap Progressive insurance commercials over and over.

I liked Emig better than Langston for a commentator. I think Emig needed time off to go prove he can ride at LL again. But most likely they chose GL because he sounds as bad or worse than Ralph. He doesnt make ralph look like as much of an idiot as Emig did.
I actually like Langston's personality more than emig..."you gotta rip thru the gears...slam on the brakes while downshifting... Hit a super deep rutted turn and then another... Then scrub over the big floater before hammering past the mechanics area while reading your pit board "...its quite amusing his excitement and vivid track description...

Another problem with the MavTV coverage is during the commercials you can hear Weigandt & Langston still calling the race. It's at a much lower volume but you can still pick it up, sucks to hear them talking about the race while watching those crap Progressive insurance commercials over and over.

You can hear that on NBCSN as well. And you can hear them a couple seconds in the background before they say it. Funny.

I actually like Langston's personality more than emig..."you gotta rip thru the gears...slam on the brakes while downshifting... Hit a super deep rutted turn and then another... Then scrub over the big floater before hammering past the mechanics area while reading your pit board "...its quite amusing his excitement and vivid track description...
Yeah, I'm OK with Grant. Grant and Emig would be OK I think.

Gotta love GL when he does the track map. He acutally makes it fun. I re-watched the Reed comment.... seriously, hes a d-bag. After hearing that im done with Reed that was honestly just uncalled for.

Back