Attn Promoters - Don't rely soley on big blue

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
So you have 2,000 fb friends and you may think that's plenty enough to get the word out about your next race. To all those track owners who think their fb page is all they need to market their next event here are some things to consider. Your post is not reaching all 2,000 of your friends. You're most likely reaching a small percentage:

Capture.JPG

They're counting on the paid Boost to earn revenue. Secondly check your audience. It's likely you have some friends that don't really ride:

Capture2.JPG

It's a long story why on earth someone from Indonesia would like a motocross track in Indiana but the short version is these people are getting paid to go around liking pages.

We recommend a marketing strategy that includes fb but does not rely on it. As more and more ads get thrown in to our feeds each day increases this recommendation may change but for now it's still a good tool however put your eggs in several baskets. Post on PitRacer and Vital. Put flyers up at your local shop. Keep a website online and keep it updated. Google is still the king and Google still loves websites. Create an email distribution list and send to it often. Create some sizzle. Don't just pick a date and open the gates. Get creative. We've seen pro pits, huge purses and helicopters. The bar has been risen.

DMX153 and I were just talking about local tracks this am doing nothing for advertising......

Marketing correctly, or at all in some cases, makes all the difference in the world!

it would not be me if I did not play devil's advocate...
I do believe in the proper amount of advertising and this forum is an excellent location to do just that (I don't like vital) but how does DMC and Dirt Country pull over 200 and they NEVER spend a minute on advertising? I assume it is the lack of tracks in the geographical location and the riders find them???
Wonder how many they would get if they did try?
Maybe someone in the southern half of the state will try that next year... ;)

So, Bob's local moto has a race this Sunday. You receive an email and or a flyer about a new track that is 100 mile further drive. The info says they will be having a helicopter, pie eating contest, pit bike race, special pit locations for one ear donkey class, fill-in the blank Energy drink trophy girls and free pripps plus on tap for all riders... How many drive past Bob's to attend???

May be good info to know since a little birdy told me a new race track is coming soon.

DMC is right in Dayton. Dirt Country is close to Cincinnati. They are really the only two tracks in Dayton and Cincinnati holding races.

Is there a pro day at a local track this coming weekend? With a weekend off from the Nationals every privateer has a chance to make some extra dough before heading to muddy creek but how will they know about it?

I know if you are successful and you don't advertise on PR, yet you post on PR, it pisses off the natives; right double douche?

Simmer you hairy bastage, I'm advertising now.

I remember back in the early 90s you could walk in any gas station or Moto. shop and find a Dirt Country Flyer. Have not seen one in YEARS.

Promotion only works when you have a great product (track), a great location, and a great price. DC obviously has a great location sandwiched between two major cities. They've always been priced right. From recent reports they've delivered a good product this year (track). All that's left for them is to promote themselves, or promote themselves better to turn 200 in to 400.

Track prep at DC has been good. Its the track that needs a little attention. It has become a freeway. Needs some nice jumps put back in it. Over the years they have disappeared, and the couple they have added recently are not very good. But they run a good program.

Back in the day, DC would get a bunch of spectators in on Saturday nights just to watch the races under the lights and have a few beers. They would come in by the car load, but there is not much else to do in Blanchester.

Is there a pro day at a local track this coming weekend? With a weekend off from the Nationals every privateer has a chance to make some extra dough before heading to muddy creek but how will they know about it?
I AM WORKING ON IT DAVE!! Just got it posted.

In this particular case with OIR, it would be beneficial to get the word out to RacerX. They do a decent job of getting the word on races like this on off weekends.

Hahahaha what took you so long Chester? I've been screaming from the rooftops for ya. Hopefully the weather holds up and all these guys will show up to see how great of a job you have been doing. I'll be there for sure trying to get autographs from Todd Krieg and Chris Carr.

The word on the street is that half of western PA is showing up, just licking their chops after High Point. Tons of the Local A talent pool. Just stuff I catch from the big blue crowd.........

I know if you are successful and you don't advertise on PR, yet you post on PR, it pisses off the natives; right double douche?

Simmer you hairy bastage, I'm advertising now.

Ha ha.....easy now. If I had feelings that would hurt.

We are all on this site cause we want information about races, racing, motocross, tracks and events, and want to know who is going and what has changed.
We tune in cause we crave that information and company.

but at what point does information turn into an OXYCLEAN infomercial..... ( not a question so please dont answer)

"Simmer you hairy bastage" Leave our fury Pitracer members out of it. ha ha

Back