AHRMA and AMA

beenridin

PR Elite
So......I am surprised that no one has mentioned the talk about reaching out to the AHRMA folks from the promotors at Action Sports. The talk was basically to try and marry the two factions and have bigger gates and attendance. I have raced both and would love to see that happen. From the sounds of it the AMA is willing to try and work something out.
Why cant there be some mutual common ground here?

Two words.

Rob Iannucci.

As long as the old timers are on the board of AHRMA, he'll never be racing an AHRMA
race. And the AMA has settled his lawsuit so that if there is an AMA race, he (and his
team - Team Obsolete) will be allowed to race. So don't expect any "mutual common
ground" until either the board is all new or Iannucci stops racing.

Two words.

Rob Iannucci.

As long as the old timers are on the board of AHRMA, he'll never be racing an AHRMA
race. And the AMA has settled his lawsuit so that if there is an AMA race, he (and his
team - Team Obsolete) will be allowed to race. So don't expect any "mutual common
ground" until either the board is all new or Iannucci stops racing.

That's some history but it's not necessarily applicable to the Action Sports situation. Some of the current AHRMA series MX and CC regulars will need make some noise to bring about needed changes.

That's some history but it's not necessarily applicable to the Action Sports situation. Some of the current AHRMA series MX and CC regulars will need make some noise to bring about needed changes.

They need to do more than make noise. They need to vote for different board members.

I would be very disappointed if it happened simply because I love the class structure at the AMA events. I would hate to lose that by going back to AHRMA rules.

Back