Ride Red... Please

I should have listened to you Joe and saved Scott some time by just taking it with me.

Well!!..... With all that extra room in the garage now......
This sure would be bad-ass siting next to that car

2015-ktm-250sxf-18.jpg

Ktm221 rides again!
It's not the same without the cops chasing you down in the redbud parking lot!

Joe - I have a friend with a mint 81 CR125 clutch cover he will part with for $250. It has the cover and no major issues to speak of. As you might know they are hard to find and that is the going rate. It is what I paid on for an 81 for my 83. I actually didn't have to dent the pipe that much as I had a friend weld a spigot on at an angle-unfortunately not quite enough but it is totally possible. See my pics.

If you want to let the purchaser know, or if they are reading this? and they have interest let me know.
My buddy will be at Mid-Ohio and can bring it. Bill

IMG_0655.JPG IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0659.JPG

Never heard of a suzuki with those issues.....just sayin!

By the way Joe the 04 RM now a 144 Eric gore motor is running awesome!

Joe - I have a friend with a mint 81 CR125 clutch cover he will part with for $250. It has the cover and no major issues to speak of. As you might know they are hard to find and that is the going rate. It is what I paid on for an 81 for my 83. I actually didn't have to dent the pipe that much as I had a friend weld a spigot on at an angle-unfortunately not quite enough but it is totally possible. See my pics.

If you want to let the purchaser know, or if they are reading this? and they have interest let me know.
My buddy will be at Mid-Ohio and can bring it. Bill

View attachment 45768 View attachment 45769 View attachment 45770

1981 CR125 will not work on a 1983 CR125, clutch is on the opposite side.

My bad - I thought the 125 had it on the left still like the 250.. I guess the 81 cover is only good for the 82.

that
My bad - I thought the 125 had it on the left still like the 250.. I guess the 81 cover is only good for the 82.
that is true, I have an 81 cover for my 82 CR125 but I think I can repair my 82 cover and not need the 81.

"Ktm221 rides again!
It's not the same without the cops chasing you down in the redbud parking lot!"

It is true, KTM221 rides again, but somewhat slower this time....

3207-1404649997-4fe2e1afa7a7d6259ba180527ecc4359.jpg

More tears this morning as the 125 started its journey to its new home. Mr. Kreps in my driveway early this morning talking about old times, wrecks, broken bones, the Badger, and the real reason I'm done. My house is MX bike free for the first time since 1991. MX has been in my blood and who I am since I saw my brother's first race in 1978. The adrenaline that hit my system that day in New Castle, PA has never left and probably never will. Life choices suck!

Joe-you'll be back someday ! 125 going to a good home, I'll keep ya posted on the results from Mid-Ohio on it. On the MTB thing did you change your front brake over to the right? I just couldn't ride a bicycle without the front brake on the right (motocross thing) , even my road bicycles have always been changed over (drove the shop I raced for nuts !)

Last edited:
Yea Joe, both bikes are in good homes. You can always take the 250 for spin, i'm a phone call away.

Back