Malcolm Stewart accidentally ran over Jake Weimer's

Tom

PR Elite
http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2014/06/30/malcolm-stewart-jake-weimer-crash-on-helmet-cam/

10427998_658960604179901_1035827680262294686_n.png

I was sitting on the side of the hill where this happened and can tell you it was 100% the flagger's fault.

Weimer went down on the blind side of the jump and immediately jumped up and started waving his hands so that the oncoming riders would know his bike was down there. He did this for approximately 5 seconds and then assumed (wrongly) that the flagger stationed next to the jump would have it taken care of. When he bent down to pick up his bike he got plowed by Malcolm. Don't think the flagger even looked over there until Malcolm came through.

Saw the replay this morning. There were two useless flaggers waving their little flags around by him and his bike. Unfortunately nobody up by the jump face where it would be useful. It could have ended up much worse.

I saw it first hand. Weimer went down and was trying to alert the flaggers because he was in a blind spot. Malcolm came over the jump and had no place to go. I can't believe Malcolm didn't get hurt also. There was too many blind spots on the track and definitely not enough flaggers. A couple of times riders came real close of getting hit when they went down. I'm not trying to bash MX sports, but I think they really need to step up on the amount of flaggers they have. Maybe even spotters with radios to notify flaggers on the track that a rider is down.

You guys can say flagger this and flagger that, its the nationals! Yellow flags dont really mean crap. Do you really think Malcolm would have slowed up? I think not. They are allowed to jump on yellows in the nationals so I dont think it really would have mattered.

I saw it first hand. Weimer went down and was trying to alert the flaggers because he was in a blind spot. Malcolm came over the jump and had no place to go. I can't believe Malcolm didn't get hurt also. There was too many blind spots on the track and definitely not enough flaggers. A couple of times riders came real close of getting hit when they went down. I'm not trying to bash MX sports, but I think they really need to step up on the amount of flaggers they have. Maybe even spotters with radios to notify flaggers on the track that a rider is down.

Plus the flaggers they hire are a joke. Know nothing about motocross. Last time I was at Gainsville there were a whole bunch of Cubans that came in, not speaking English or anything. We all kind of looked at them, like.....what are you doing here. They were all the flaggers! And most were all clueless!

You guys can say flagger this and flagger that, its the nationals! Yellow flags dont really mean crap. Do you really think Malcolm would have slowed up? I think not. They are allowed to jump on yellows in the nationals so I dont think it really would have mattered.
You don't have to slow up for a yellow flag. Only have to slow up for a Cross flag. If there are a slew of riders down and you can't safely protect them, throw the Plus flag and slow people down. That would make too much sense though.

But the damn flaggers should be able to successfully DIRECT a professional rider AWAY from a downed rider. NOT INTO THEM.

Malcoms pro logic was working....go center on the yellow....most bikes and crashes stray to the outsides. Or did the flagger wave his flag from the FAR RIGHT of the jump? Leaving the rider to think CENTER and LEFT were the safe routes....nothing grinds my gears more than seeing a flagger...flag RIDERS into downed riders.

The flaggers were below the jump next to the bike and were just as invisible. One moron was holding what looks like a diver flag but wasn't waving it much. I guess the divers were safely below 100 meters.

They didn't throw the flag until Malcolm hit Jake. Jake was try to get there attention. He was down long enough for them to throw the flag. Should have never happen.

Back