Big Blue & the 250 outdoors

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
So who thinks the return of big blue in the 250 ranks is coincidence (luck), riders, or just a good machine?

Can bagget keep charging the rest of the year to put Mitch Payton back in the lime light?

Is Dean Wilson washed up, not hungry enough?

With AC being out I think that has helped Yamaha get a few more than expected . Dean Wilson is flat out under preforming .

With that said Yamaha better keep Webb under the blue tent , talented , decent head on his shoulders, and pretty consistent . Looks like team green has some adversity to overcome .

Side note : can someone just take pourcell out , i can't stand that dude.

The Yami 250 is a fantastic bike this year. Made the best motor by far this year by switching to the fuel inj back slant engine and they already had the best suspension.

That said, the boys riding them up front are just on fire too.

I think it has just been a perfect storm. Those bikes are good, but Martin and Webb clearly worked hard to put themselves in a position to succeed. They both had a solid full year last year and just came out swinging. I think it has a lot more to do with those two guys putting in the work. The bike is just helping their cause.

I root for Pourcel too. He is beyond smart. I was watching his lines at High-Point that were incredible...he was the only one thinking up those lines and then others eventually followed. The guy was paralyzed for 2 months and can barely train because of his previous injuries, yet continues to set the fastest lap times. Webb & Martin are the next big thing. Those boys work hard and have so much enthusiasm for the sport.

Rid
So who thinks the return of big blue in the 250 ranks is coincidence (luck), riders, or just a good machine?

Can bagget keep charging the rest of the year to put Mitch Payton back in the lime light?

Is Dean Wilson washed up, not hungry enough?

riders. I hate Yamaha 4 strokes. Although I heard the 250 is the best it's ever been.

I can't explain it, but something internally and drastically changed for Yamaha in 2010. That's when those commercials started coming out with JS7 running backwards and we all thought that's just more marketing hype it's still a Yamaha but it was legit. I'd love to hear what went down internally.

Martin and Webb both have the best engine builder for the Yamaha 250F Star racing . Aaron Plessinger has the same Star motors supplied to him , all I can say is these bikes pull harder than any other motor i have seen lately.

Hershey just get another blue bike already. Nobody is gonna say anything.
If there is one thing we respect on here it's personal preference!

You know, I can understand saying it's the bike if it was close to stock, but at that level and $80k later, is it really about the bike? I'm thinking Martin and Webb have just been riding above the rest. At least at the first few races. It should be a fun rest of the season in the little bike class. Team Green will get another couple wins or so...

Back