Best 4 Stroke oils

For as little as I ride anymore because of work I may spend a little more on a more expensive oil. At the begining of this year I was changing my oil once a week, filter every other week. I was probally spending 50 bucks a month running lucas full synthetic at 10 a qt, with a 1.5qt oil change. Now putting 5 hrs on a month roughly I was considering going back to Amsoil or even trying motorex since it is what KTM recomends, but damn that stuff is still crazy high.
Good point. I put 5hrs on my bike a month and also my bike only holds a quart of oil so I guess I can splurge for the good stuff. So I guess I will be using Amsoil 10w 40...12.50 a quart from a dealer here in salem

Good point. I put 5hrs on my bike a month and also my bike only holds a quart of oil so I guess I can splurge for the good stuff. So I guess I will be using Amsoil 10w 40...12.50 a quart from a dealer here in salem
Where do you get it that cheap? I never paid under 14.50 I think.

I buy it from a older gentlemen on the corner of N. Ellsworth Ave and 8th st. Big sign in his front yard that says "Amsoil sold here". His Amsoil Trailor is right on the side of the house. Cant miss it....Saw him sitting on his porch on my way home from work, I almost turned around to by a few quarts. I might go there tomorrow and I will let you know how much he charges

Back in my Husaberg days I ran brown oil. Comes in a plastic bottle. Can be purchased at nearly every store in the country.
If you change it every ride, I'm sure you could use Maple syrup.
Buy cheap, change often. No issues.

I use regular Castrol gtx in both sides of my 06 crf450,tried amsoil & the bike started to burn oil,switched back to Castrol and it stopped burning oil!!!

I use regular Castrol gtx in both sides of my 06 crf450,tried amsoil & the bike started to burn oil,switched back to Castrol and it stopped burning oil!!!
Really? Never heard anything like that before. Although on the automotive side I tried Schaffer full synthetic witch was supposed to be great stuff and I was running 15psi lower on oil pressure then usual and after my first change on it my oil was sparkling. Not cool on a truck with 30k on it. Went back to Mobil1 and oil pressure was back up and clean changes ever since. And that was supposed to be great stuff. Lol

Honda oil. Change every two rides.. two rides for me is 16 laps at Malvern lol.. I think its gn4 in the black bottle..

In my two strokes I ran valvoline n changed it every ride..

Honda oil. Change every two rides.. two rides for me is 16 laps at Malvern lol.. I think its gn4 in the black bottle..

In my two strokes I ran valvoline n changed it every ride..
Why did you change your oil twice as much in your two strokes? I've always went more like 10hrs in them due to the fact it's just gear oil and stays a lot cooler then the oil in a 4stroke. The gear box is a lot less sensitive to harmful wear then rotating assembly and valve train in a 4stroke IMO.

Just kiddin, I know its good stuff. Prob be going back to it, dude I know found a guy that sells it for 12.50 a qt. Might see if he'll cut me a deal if me, dad and bracken go in on a bunch of cases.

When I go talk to him I'll see what kind of deals he'll do on what volume of an order and let ya know if you'd wanna throw in.

I rode a lot more then than I do now. So 1 day of riding back then would be comparable to like 4 rides now.. plus it was cheap..

Back