new ktm 450

shaker7

PR Member
anyone been on a 15 ktm? thoughts? needing a bike, was really interested in the new honda, but don't want to spend the rest of the summer waiting on a bike.

Jason has the demo 350 and 450sxf's in down at Pointview, look and feel awesome as usual. No real major changes this year, I'd buy a left over to save the cash since there essentially the same bike still. I think there only taking orders at the moment to though for at least another month or so. I don't think anyone has 15's to sell of the floor yet but I could be wrong.

Definitely not the same as the 14, I would consider completely new suspension a relatively big change. But here is the list of changes from transworld:

New machined cross tube in the frame that provides a stronger more accurate connection of the frame and the linage due to an improved production process resulting in a 60 gram weight reduction. The frame is now powder-coated in KTM Factory orange
• New linkage geometry with an improved rising rate, better control, stability and balance
• For the linkage there is now an improved production process for higher quality resulting in a 40 gram weight reduction
• New WP 4CS fork specifically designed for Motocross
• New fork lugs with a 22mm front axle for reduced weight and better feel along with a 2mm reduced off-set for improved handling
• New fork protectors with an open design, which are easier to replace for better maintenance and cleaning of the fork leg
• New monoshock setting, which has been re-valved and set-up to match the new linkage and fork. The shock features a 4mm increase of shaft travel while maintaining the same amount of wheel travel with the new linkage package
• New Dunlop GEOMAX MX52 tires for excellent traction in all conditions
• New aluminum o-ring support for the lower bearing on the steering stem for a weight saving of 22 grams and a new steering stem bolt, which is also 8 grams lighter
• New high-quality black colored Excel rims for aggressive looks and top performance
• New softer two-compound grips

Definitely not the same as the 14, I would consider completely new suspension a relatively big change. But here is the list of changes from transworld:

New machined cross tube in the frame that provides a stronger more accurate connection of the frame and the linage due to an improved production process resulting in a 60 gram weight reduction. The frame is now powder-coated in KTM Factory orange
• New linkage geometry with an improved rising rate, better control, stability and balance
• For the linkage there is now an improved production process for higher quality resulting in a 40 gram weight reduction
• New WP 4CS fork specifically designed for Motocross
• New fork lugs with a 22mm front axle for reduced weight and better feel along with a 2mm reduced off-set for improved handling
• New fork protectors with an open design, which are easier to replace for better maintenance and cleaning of the fork leg
• New monoshock setting, which has been re-valved and set-up to match the new linkage and fork. The shock features a 4mm increase of shaft travel while maintaining the same amount of wheel travel with the new linkage package
• New Dunlop GEOMAX MX52 tires for excellent traction in all conditions
• New aluminum o-ring support for the lower bearing on the steering stem for a weight saving of 22 grams and a new steering stem bolt, which is also 8 grams lighter
• New high-quality black colored Excel rims for aggressive looks and top performance
• New softer two-compound grips
I knew about a bunch of the little changes, guess it dont seem like alot until you put it all on a list like that. lol I suppose depending on what your plans for it, it would be worth buying over the 14. Now if your someone who would take a new bike and have the suspension all revalved and done for you, change out wheels, replace linkage, and dump hundreds more throughout the bike then it wouldnt be worth it to me. But comparing the two stock I suppose I'd consider paying more for the 15.

I'm with you. If I'm going to cough up the cash for a new bike I'd like it to be ready to go and not have to dump a bunch more into it.

The new 4CS fork I hear is great, but good luck finding someone who is going to really know what they are doing if you do want a re-valve down the line.

I'm with you. If I'm going to cough up the cash for a new bike I'd like it to be ready to go and not have to dump a bunch more into it.

The new 4CS fork I hear is great, but good luck finding someone who is going to really know what they are doing if you do want a re-valve down the line.
I know right. For me though just being a hobby rider, running C class and not competing I'm not going to go out and dump a couple grand in my suspension. If I get a stock bike I throw a pipe and some new stickers on and call it done. I doubt someone like me would notice any real difference hopping off my 350 and onto a 15 other then my recluse.

The way you just described yourself, don't waste a grand on a pipe.

I wouldn't, slip on is all I'd put on a bike. My last two came with the full fmf's, I couldn't justify spending that much money on something like that for what I ride.

next question does any dealer in OH, WV, or PA have any? guessing they are not out yet either? i need a bike, like before friday preferably!

next question does any dealer in OH, WV, or PA have any? guessing they are not out yet either? i need a bike, like before friday preferably!

Pointveiw KTM is in canfield, like I said they only have there demos though right now and I think everywhere else is the same. I don't think any one specific dealer gets priority or first dibs. I could be wrong though, hop on the interwebs and do some searching. I do know Pointveiw had 14's in the crate still last time I was in a couple weeks ago checkin out the demo 15's. I'm gonna see if any 15's are actually available right now though just out of curiosity. I'll let ya know if I find any.

I was in the same boat as you are. Point view had one 450 sx-f on the floor. But I was looking for a 350. No luck at all. I'm sure you will find a 450

Lexington Kentucky is the only dealer anywhere around I can find any 15's for sale, don't know how far your willing to travel to have one this early. lol

think we found one. i think going to go for the 350. comparing them and not that much difference and found a 15 350

here are the 'specs' for the 2014 450 XCW http://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/450-xc-w-usa/highlights.html#.U7sSFduF8wM

then since the 450 xcw 2015 specs are not showing up as yet ...here are the 'specs' for the 2015 SX-F 450
http://www.ktm.com/us/mx/450-sx-f-usa/highlights.html#.U7sSWNuF8wM the SX-F 450 specs for 2014 have been removed from this KTM site but here are some from another site http://motocross.transworld.net/1000155599/features/race-ready-2014-ktm-450-sx-f-factory-edition/
this link http://www.ktmusa.com/ will guide you to the specs that are currently avaiable

I know it's a long way off, but Ktm demo day at the Cliff is Saturday August 23rd. The C track will be exclusive for the demos. I would bet the 15s will be in the semi.

thanks all. brought a 350 home today! bentley's is one of the first places we called and they didn't have a 15 and didn't know when they would be in

Back