Battle for Ohio Class List - Addition and Adjustments

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
We will be following the OMA Class List for the Battle for Ohio State Championship with a few adjustments and the addition of the Senior Plus 50 Class! (Age 50+ 122cc - Open) Attached you will find the Complete Class List with all adjustments.

Preparing for the Battle? A few notes:
- You must have a current AMA and OMA card - NO EXCEPTIONS. AMA cards can be purchased through the link on our website www.omxa.net or at the event.

- If you have lost your AMA card or can't find the receipt - You will need to contact the AMA in ADVANCE of the race and have them forward you proof of membership and date of expiration. We will need to see your AMA card or that info at sign up. If we do not have proof of the AMA, we will require you to purchase a new one to participate in the event.

- TAKE ADVANTAGE of EARLY SIGN UP on SATURDAY!
Each Battle Race will be offering early sign up on Saturday - THIS is the day to sign up with ease!! Watch for times posted by the battle track - It will vary..

If you have any questions - Please contact me at connie@omxa.net

Attachments

• BATTLE Class List 2014.pdf
    195.4 KB · Views: 416
You guys are running the AMA 18.2, 51cc (4-6) Shaft drive 2-stroke class (Oil injected Yamaha PW50s), but what about the AMA 18.1, 51cc (4-6) Special Limited drive 2 or 4 stroke class (Honda PW50s & Oil Injected KTM Mini 50s)?

A 4 year old on a KTM 50mini or Honda PW50 will get destroyed by all the 9 year olds on KTM 50SXS & King Cobra 50s in the open class, that's why the AMA has the Special Limited class.

A 4 year old on a KTM 50mini or Honda PW50 will get destroyed by all the 9 year olds on KTM 50SXS & King Cobra 50s in the open class, that's why the AMA has the Special Limited class.

There has to be a catch all, too many different bikes, too many different kids. This also serves as a second class for the regular 50's. All the kids get awards, that's what matters.

I understand that you have your class list, got it!
But Jace doesnt come to a race for a participation award, he comes to race and wants to win. And it's really hard to do that when his class isnt offered in either the OMA or CRA and has to compete against bikes that are bigger and faster than his. Sure I could put him on his brothers old KTM 50 SXS, but it makes more sense to have Jace actually be able to race a bike that he can touch the ground on versus put around barely touch the pegs. The only time he has a chance to race against bikes on equal footing is in AMA races, because they offer the Special Limited class for the KTM Minis; and seeing how this Battle is an AMA sanctioned event we thought this would be another chance for him to race against bikes within his own class. Not bitchen or wanting to start an arguement, just wanted to ask about it and explain why that class should be listed instead of the open class.

I understand. This is where we are this year. If we could all the manufacturers to make a spec bike, and destroy all the old ones, we would be set.....

The 50+ class is a nice addition. Thanks.
Please give a few years to mature. We will all be eligible....eventually.
If I could, I would and I sure hope the older guys come out for these three races. It's what we've been asking for.
That's right Marc! I planned on this one also, but I have been out here in Cleavland a lot this past week with my old man. Surgery complications from heart surgery. Plan to take him home next Wednsday and get that all situated. Logistics with an in home nurse and such, so no big weekend next. Hell , no Budds either.

See you at Malvern in the 50+ class if your leg is better.....

For the love of everything sacred and for all of the sanity I have left, I am bumping this to the top..

Please take my advice, look at the classes, if you have a question, send us an email, read my notes and come to sign up early on Saturday!

Connie

Everyone is eligible except cherry pickers
Cool. I just got back from the sand dunes, so I'll be a sandbagger instead. ;)

Actually still hoping to make it although just had to spend an extra day on vacation due to axle breaking on trailer, need a new rear tire, need to convert bike from dune scooter to MX ride, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah...

Yes, " that's what it's all about!" :)

Back