LL National roster is up!!

First reports back are all good. Silvers and Grega are up on Stagecoach hill fully hooked up. Randy, Pape, Schaefer, Yanntelli, Opliger, Jones and the others are in the field across from the river.

Word is that it's dry...very dry. A little rain would help and they were hoping for some last night.

Truck full after truck full of sand and mulch were delivered yesterday in prepration for track building. They're using the white sand in the starting area and in the section in front of the Redbull tower. From the amount of piles dropped off, it looks like maybe even more sand than last year.

I'll give an update after some have been out for practice.

Why does this damn race have such a strong grip on me?
Its not like I am every very productive here at work, but this week every year all I do is sit here think about why I didn't win that sorry race. It has gotten much worse since they started this live scoring and timing. Now that they have video through the week, I am even more worthless at work then typical.
For GOD sake, its practice and Im setting here watching times come in...

Me too. ha-ha.
It's the racer in ya....and you know what it feels like to be part of the spectacle. It's the greatest week in amateur MX!
Between the live laps and the phone reports coming. I'll be glued to what's happening down at the Ranch all week.

Doesn't look like Mitchy Zaremba was using his transponder in the 65 practice that just finished up….. no sign of him in the class list for practice. I checked the earlier Vet b times and Silvers had an 11th place lap time….. with only 1 really really fast guy in the class going 10 seconds a lap faster than everyone else!

The track is working in I'm sure so things are changing as the day goes on, but fastest Vet B practice lap was 2:14, where most of the class was running much slower pace than that 1 guy, like 2:24 and up….. the 250A class just went and a couple of guys turned 1:55's with Plessinger turning a 1:56….. The track is pretty dialed in now this afternoon by the times…… Sub 2 minutes usually takes some time but the changes they made to track must have speeded the track up this year. Usually very few go sub 2's over the entire week and there are lots going that fast in a 15 minute practice sessions already today, 9 guys in the 250A class turned a sub 2 minute lap time in their 15 minute practice….... Silvers had a bit faster times in +35 than he did in Vet B, but only about 1.5 seconds faster, so it's hard to tell. There is always 1 guy in Vet B that is WAY faster than everyone else, but the moto gods usually give that guy some trouble in a moto since he's really not supposed to be there…… seems like 1 slipped through the cracks even with the efforts to clean up the class.

Did they change anything or is it the same? I was thinking that the lap times were kinda slow compared to the last few years. Did not watch practice times last year but the track is usually pretty smooth in practice so times are quicker. But hey, been a long time since I rode there.

Reports back have the track super deep and rutty.
The guys have been being careful not to throw away the whole week with a practice crash.

Super deep and rutty... there's a shocker.
Hopefully with the Ohio riders getting practice with that last week it will help.

They usually tweak it a little bit here and there….. but soil conditions also have a lot to do with it and they add mulch, sand, and topsoil every year. I saw a little 85cc practice video in the 10 commandments and it was filled up with white sand which it never used to be. Sometimes a corner can have a bowl added to or taken away and change the timing of a whole section….. so you never really know. It's my guess that they want the fastest guys to be able to run about a 2 minute lap time or so as it works out nicely for # of laps and how long a moto actually takes. Seems fast times for practice already hitting down into the 1:55 range.

Back