Mid-Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Weekend

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
I spent Friday down at Mid-Ohio. What a great time we had. I took my brother that had never been before. He was impressed with the amount of people and the things to see and do. Pit bikes are a must since it is a big place and a lot to see. The swap meet is huge. Something for everybody. Road racing goes on through out the weekend. We watched some of the harescramble. Started on the MX course, 1 lap and then off to the woods. It was cool and shady out there. I saw several folks racing that I know, Ray V., Pit Racer John, Mike S., by the way all 3 finished 3rd in their class I think. Billy Morris won 200 A class. He goes good and can rock a guitar, very nice meeting him. We watched the wall of death, trials demo, Indian motorcysles were the Marque brand and had a tent full. My favorite part is the variety of bikes that just roam around the whole facility. Everything from a moped to sport bikes and all in between. We took vintage bikes down to sale but brought both home. There is something for everyone that love motorcycling. If you haven't been there make some plans for next year. Sunday is the last day. Oh yea, I saw John Penton there and got to shake his hand. They are showing his movie for free tonight. Mark.

I forgot to mention the cool old dairy/bread truck in the swap meet. Guy was from Ontario, Can. and had a booth. It was a 48 aluminum bodied truck, maybe a Chevy that he rescued. He lowered it 6 inches. Had to build up the wheel wells and tunnel over the rear end. It had a 350 Chevy motor, Dodge heavy duty rear end. He said the exhaust was the most vulnerable thing on it. As far as a motorcycle haul vehicle, it was the coolest one I saw. Interior all hand made and nice aluminum work. Did anybody see it? That would be a cool topic, MX haul vehicles. I think it's been on before but needs revived. My Chevy full size van sure has been a great haul vehicle. Haul, camp, hang out, it does it all, kind of, it's not a motor home for sure.

Back