AMA vintage champion????

VLK943

PR Member
So how is it you don't even finish the Harescramble and you still win the Grand championship?? Come on AMA !!!! Oh ya that's like winning the bike show at the banquet and not even having your bike there!!!!!!

So how is it you don't even finish the Harescramble and you still win the Grand championship?? Come on AMA !!!! Oh ya that's like winning the bike show at the banquet and not even having your bike there!!!!!!

Is there someone else you have in mind who should've won it?

Trevor was the overall HS winner. He won the 250A 1-1 He won the Open A 1-1 and started in 2nd row and passed all the EVO1 A class riders. He finished the trials even with bike troubles in the beginning , he finished all (4) loops.. No DNF!

Supplemental rules issued by AMA for vintage grand national states you have to finish all events.

So how does the winner win with a DNF?????

image.jpg
Right off AMA web site.

I don't see the 2014 VMD HS results, only the first two rounds. Am I missing something? The AMA site has always seemed confusing to me...

not sure on how all the numbers add up but if Wentzel did did half the laps of the winner, then he didn't DNF. what's his result on ama site?

edit: last i checked, in harescrambles you only have to do half the laps of winner to be scored... i know because i've benefitted from this rule MANY times lol

I have looked at the link above and do not see the overall champions listed. I maybe overlooking it. All I need is a name Thanks

The Vintage Grand National Champion is Quinn Wentzel.

lonnie_moto Please read line 4 of the AMA rules listed above that were set up just for the Vintage Grand National Championship. You are correct on completeing half the laps of the leader is considered a finish but in this case the rules were set in place for the VGNC. I argued with the AMA because they reverted back to the actual AMA rule book on this issue and did not follow the rules that were set for the VGNC.

It's all history now and because of a scoring error and the fact that the custom made Husqvarna trials bike did not run properly in the first of four loops it cost Trevor Kline the overall championship. I can say first hand that Trevor out classed the field in the HS and was the Overall Vintage winner and in the MX he ran the Vintage 250A (Which Quinn was in) and the Vintage Open A. Again he raced his way to both class wins. He started in the second row of race 3 and he passed all the EVO1 A riders in the 2nd moto showing he can make my old Husqvarna's look good. I honestly wish I could ride them like he does but he is half my age.

Trevor's dad and myself did manage to get the trials bike running better by re-jetting it in the middle of the woods and his next 3 loops went much better.

It was a great event and the weather was perfect for me. The best part was the bikes were not that dirty and I didn't have to spend hours washing them...Good times.

Thank you!

sorry, it's not my intention to get sucked into this specific deal, but generally speaking, those look like supplemental rules. supp rules only fill in gaps left by the regular rulebook and they only change the regular rulebook if they specifically say so.

there's nothing on that page that says "these supplemental rules redefine what is a dnf in harescrambles." it just says that a DNF doesn't earn you points. if a rider didn't dnf per the regular rulebook, then it's not a dnf. it's a finish.

supp rules aren't the entirety of the rules for a special event or discipline. they only cover unique parts of the special event that haven't already been addressed by AMA Congress. the regular rulebook still applies in areas where it isn't overridden.

It's all about interpretation of the rules...in this case the wrong person won because of a technicality but that's my opinion. I also didn't want to get sucked in but I felt it was necessary to share my thoughts about this whole situation.

Again, It was fun weekend and it was exciting to see my bikes ridden the way they are supposed to be...I can't wait until next year!

Back