Tires

Clint1991

PR Addict
Whats everyones oppenion on tire preferances? What do you think is best for MX, trails, hard pack technical trails and ones that are great for an all around multi purpose use?

Yup Bridgestone's are my fav. M403, 404 or my favorite the M603 and M604. I do wanna try the new Dunlop MX52's though.

Yup Bridgestone's are my fav. M403, 404 or my favorite the M603 and M604. I do wanna try the new Dunlop MX52's though.
I have one on my front, seems to be holding up great and hooks up with no complaints. I've been running the starcross MS3 rears and like how they hook up, just don't seem to last long if I run any hard stuff like wellsville.

Are we talking rounding off, or completely worn away. A tire iron can sharpen knobs back again if rounding off is the case. Get that new tire feel again and save some $$. I've had a Bridgestone 101/102 on for the last 12 days in sand, and they aren't showing any real sign of wear. The front still has pips. Whatever works and is cheap, is a great deal. Cheap and tires, Is that an oxymoron?

Are we talking rounding off, or completely worn away. A tire iron can sharpen knobs back again if rounding off is the case. Get that new tire feel again and save some $$. I've had a Bridgestone 101/102 on for the last 12 days in sand, and they aren't showing any real sign of wear. The front still has pips. Whatever works and is cheap, is a great deal. Cheap and tires, Is that an oxymoron?
Both, but mainly rounding off. I've used a grooving tool to re edge tires before but never a tire iron. May look into it, thanks for the advice.

3 races on 32 front and 52 rear and mine still look new. Huge improvement over the 51..

Any good prices found on the 32 or 52 rears. The best I have seen for 120 80 19 was $98.00 and they were out.

Both, but mainly rounding off. I've used a grooving tool to re edge tires before but never a tire iron. May look into it, thanks for the advice.
Maybe we are talking the same thing. Mine is one like you find on Rocky Mountain ATV. Flat thin blade that gets to be 500 degrees or so.

Back