Getting a Speeding Ticket Changed

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
Anyone have any experience with fighting a speeding ticket or getting a speeding ticket reduced in Coshocton County? If it isn't reduced, (it was 15 mph over speed limit) my friend will lose their job because their employer has a policy about being 15 mph over the speed limit in a company vehicle.. Anyone know a good traffic ticket lawyer? ANY help would be appreciated..please

Connie

Just stay away from any attorneys within a 2 county radius , all of em are affraid of pissing the judge off . If said person has a clean driving record prior try one of the bigger named attorneys in Columbus , ( Scott schiff ...etc) . Good luck!

Or plea not guilty and drag it out then find a mechanical reason for the speedometer to be incorrect, they will move it to a vehicle safty violation and non moving no pints ticket. Will cost about the same with no points. Find a certified terchnician to sign off on the supposive mechanical issues and she'll be in and out after the first hearing after the arraignment. I've done it many times being a certified auto tech and in law enforcement myself. lol

I drive for a living, and I'm in the same boat. You just find a local attorney and they can get that done. Try and keep it in Mayor's Court if at all possible. Once it gets to the county level, it's a little more difficult. Alot more difficult if it was the Highway Patrol, but usually still doable. You usually get an equipment violation with max fine. Let me know if you have any more questions. I've been doing it for more than 20 years. --L*64

Yikes! It was the State Highway Patrol! So does he go to court with an attorney or just show up, say not guilty, then find an attorney? When he pleads not guilty, will they ask why and possibly reduce it then or does it always drag into court? I hate to see him lose his job..

Get a local attorney that knows the local system. Having the judge (or mayor or whoever
is making the final decision) say "Hi Marty" to your lawyer when you approach the bench is
a Good Thing.

Ehh. Is he scheduled for Mayor's Court? Get it taken care of there rather than the County court. Have him get a continuance to find a local attorney if need be, but don't enter a Not Guilty plea at the Muny level, or that will bounce it to the County court. An attorney should still be able to get it done even though it was a Hwy patrolman, and if not, they should be able to get the rate of speed reduced so it isn't 15 over if nothing else. --L*64

Plead not guilty and get a court date. schedule an appointment with the local municipal prosecutor and go see him. Hopefully he has a clean driving record. If that's the case, and he talks with the prosecutor, and explain the situation of the ticket and the job. Usually the local prosecutor will then help you out and get the judge (he works with the judge daily) to sign off on a reduced charge. For example 9 over, with 0 points. It is about generating revenue.......as long as they can get your fine out of you, they are happy.

Plead not guilty and get a court date. schedule an appointment with the local municipal prosecutor and go see him. Hopefully he has a clean driving record. If that's the case, and he talks with the prosecutor, and explain the situation of the ticket and the job. Usually the local prosecutor will then help you out and get the judge (he works with the judge daily) to sign off on a reduced charge. For example 9 over, with 0 points. It is about generating revenue.......as long as they can get your fine out of you, they are happy.
Right, it's all money to them. They don't care about your points. lol

last time I got pulled over it was for 42 in a 25 and the cop let me go & I think it was because I have a ccw!!

Volusia County Sheriff gave me a warning on I-95 in Florida in March. Dark outside, he said he had followed on for 4 miles at 95mph in a 70. Said he was giving me a warning, because I probably did not want to start my vacation off with a $300 ticket. Asked me to keep it close to the speed limit because the state patrol would not be near as lenient as he was. Thank you Volusia Co. Sheriff.

Then returning some jack ass FL State Patrol pulls me over for being out in the fast lane, holding up a emergency vehicle (him). It was bumper to bumper traffic in all three lanes. he got red with me, I got red with him back. He said I did not belong in the left lane with a trailer, and I told him to show me the law that says I am not allowed in the left lane passing traffic. He continued to tell me I needed to learn to use mirrors on my suburban, and I told him he needed to get off my ass.....because he was so close I could not see him behind my trailer. Figured I was getting a ticket, so he was being a jerk with me, I would be a jerk right back. He goes back to his car for a couple minutes and returns with a warning ticket. Started giving me crap yet again.....I asked if we were through because I needed to hit the road.....he continued to give me crap and I told him to go pull someone over that needed to be stopped. It was the weirdest traffic stop I have ever been a part off. In the end though, he had nothing to write me up for, or he would have.

Thanks everyone for the good info... He is going to see a lawyer today - The lawyer is going to write a letter to someone (for $350) and I will have more info later.. His court date is Monday.

Back