My 1st Vintage Days !!!

BWP

PR Member
Went to my first Vintage Days and now I'm hooked ! It was awesome baby !!! So now I'm looking for a vintage bike. Since I already own two KTMs I'm lookin for a Penton or KTM. 1974 mx'er or hare scrambler, something that I can do both MX and HS on. I used to have a 1974 Maico back in the day, so maybe sorta a Maico but I would prefer a Penton/KTM.
If anyone who "knos a guy, who knos a guy" who has one for sale I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Thanks !

Brian

BILL88L

PR Addict
Me too! Good call on planning to do both HS and MX. At the time I got hooked I was into woods/enduro so I redid a KDX175 thinking I would just do HS. They have you do a lap of MX on the way to the woods and I think to myself "boy that was fun" and on to project #2, #3...... I couldn't really use the 175 for MX because then I would REALLY get smoked.

The bikes you are looking for in good shape can get pricey. Marks vintage would be a good place to post your request - the below bike is actually listed on there right now and as indicated it will be at the swap in Wauseon this weekend. I pitted next to Richard(Dick) before and he is a great guy, top notch stuff as well. He might have more Maicos also. I would also make sure you understand the classes completely when you decide on a bike. I redid a 76 CR250 to find out it was not real competitive with other bikes in the class. Go to the post just below here "trying to figure out Vintage MX Classes" if you haven't - the AMA and AHRMA rules are on there. Happy hunting!

http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/largephoto.cgi?C=22CNNfJeqMxrc3co

KRH

PR Member
You should be warned up front that vintage bikes have the propensity to multiply in numbers pretty quick. First its something you like or had back in the day, then it's another one "because I need something to race on Friday/Saturday/Sunday" then it's "I always wanted and Ossa/Bultaco/Montessa/Greeves/etc,etc,etc....." Before you know it you have to add another garage because "it was just too good of a deal to pass up." Welcome to the fun, I love it.

Kevin