Thanks Chillitown! WOW!

I remember many years ago walking by and waking the guys in the ambulance up at malvern during the race. That was something else.

I traveled 290 miles to race and was very pleased. Thanks so much for a +50 class. The thing I like most about Chillitown is, the track is racie but not out of controll fast. Jumps all seem safe and I don't remember anyone saying the track was so easy it was boring. I think other tracks should take note.
I won't complain about all of the out of control young kids pit racing, because I don't think their parents can read.
I'm not sure why but there was a guy beside me on the gate wearing a suit coat. I didn't know whether to give him a thumbs up and say good luck, or ask if he had any good deals on used moto vans. Were they paying Men's Warehouse contingency?
Jarred you are a staging machine! You never seem rattled. I challenged you to keep the smoking parents out of staging. These kids are athletes they don't need your smoke filling their lungs before they preform!

Chilitown was a great race. Promoted great and well attended for sure. I sucked due to a bad back....and the worst thing on my back is a spongy track with deep ruts. So it was a bad day for me, but oh well, better luck next time. Love all the little things that CTMX does like staging, the moto board in the first turn, etc. All the little things make a difference. The pit vehicles have to go. It was ridiculous for sure.

Now the critique. The gate....all the ruts seemed to be too short, and you would roll forward into the gate. Would like to see you dig out behind the gate and put a 8x8 at the back of the gate so hopefully it is flat behind the gate.

Looking at the race order, there were a total of only 54 4 wheelers, and 6 gate drops for the 4 wheelers. In my opinion a horrible turn out considering the race. If a Battle race can only draw 54 4 wheelers, should the battle races be bikes only? It would shorten the day a little bit for sure and help with track prep probably. Would a 4 wheeler only event draw more riders than combined races? Just a thought....I am not sure what the perfect solution is.

I try to promote the OMA and all its tracks and the Battle series. Amazes me how many people from SW Ohio do not make the trip to Chilitown MX, but will travel further for Treaty City or COCR because the are in the SW Series. I try to get the word out, and they would rather race a shitty track, with a shitty turn out because of "SW Series Points". I will continue to promote the OMA and the Battle series for sure.

Now, Jason and Jeremy.......what's Malvern and Briarcliff have up their sleeves to pull off another great weekend like CTMX. I am excited for the remaining two rounds.

Attachments

• CTMX Classes.jpg
    CTMX Classes.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 139
Great job chillitown. Track was good this rider sucked I looked at every rut and held on way to tight raced for 1 lap coasted for 3. Haha fat a?? P.a. Was bad radio reception wasn't any better so hard to keep track of what race was up. Pit riding was crazy im with knox my fat butt with 2 bad knees walked all weekend so can theese kids

Chilitown was a great race. Promoted great and well attended for sure. I sucked due to a bad back....and the worst thing on my back is a spongy track with deep ruts. So it was a bad day for me, but oh well, better luck next time. Love all the little things that CTMX does like staging, the moto board in the first turn, etc. All the little things make a difference. The pit vehicles have to go. It was ridiculous for sure.

Now the critique. The gate....all the ruts seemed to be too short, and you would roll forward into the gate. Would like to see you dig out behind the gate and put a 8x8 at the back of the gate so hopefully it is flat behind the gate.

Looking at the race order, there were a total of only 54 4 wheelers, and 6 gate drops for the 4 wheelers. In my opinion a horrible turn out considering the race. If a Battle race can only draw 54 4 wheelers, should the battle races be bikes only? It would shorten the day a little bit for sure and help with track prep probably. Would a 4 wheeler only event draw more riders than combined races? Just a thought....I am not sure what the perfect solution is.

I try to promote the OMA and all its tracks and the Battle series. Amazes me how many people from SW Ohio do not make the trip to Chilitown MX, but will travel further for Treaty City or COCR because the are in the SW Series. I try to get the word out, and they would rather race a shitty track, with a shitty turn out because of "SW Series Points". I will continue to promote the OMA and the Battle series for sure.

Now, Jason and Jeremy.......what's Malvern and Briarcliff have up their sleeves to pull off another great weekend like CTMX. I am excited for the remaining two rounds.

Tough act follow for sure John, however I have to hand to Jason, we talked about his Saturday night activities a little bit ago. He might have the best idea yet for his. For the record it is all his idea, and a damn good one. Trying follow these two races, I might have to hire rc to do a parade lap or something, CT and Malvern are upping their promoting game for sure.

I traveled 290 miles to race and was very pleased. Thanks so much for a +50 class. The thing I like most about Chillitown is, the track is racie but not out of controll fast. Jumps all seem safe and I don't remember anyone saying the track was so easy it was boring. I think other tracks should take note.
I won't complain about all of the out of control young kids pit racing, because I don't think their parents can read.
I'm not sure why but there was a guy beside me on the gate wearing a suit coat. I didn't know whether to give him a thumbs up and say good luck, or ask if he had any good deals on used moto vans. Were they paying Men's Warehouse contingency?
Jarred you are a staging machine! You never seem rattled. I challenged you to keep the smoking parents out of staging. These kids are athletes they don't need your smoke filling their lungs before they preform!

Just so you know, that guy in the suit jacket was Davey Coombs.......just sayin......

JO, you could have a former Ohio pro MX charity race on Saturday night.....maybe them on 85s. Bring Buell, Burkhart, Steel, Sellards, Rand, and maybe a guy named Knox out to have a race......any other big names from Ohio you can get to show up.

I am sure Malvern and BC will be worth the trip for sure! I am just disappointed I will have to miss Saturday practice because our football games start on August 16th.

You guys are doing an awesome job in my opinion with the OMA and trying to make Ohio MX something again. As I mentioned earlier, sometimes it is all the little things that become big things eventually.

100% correct...the little things matter and add up to big things. The quint essential corner stone is that WE THE PEOPLE "MATTER!!!" CTMX makes us feel welcomed and important (even when things go wrong.) We are an MX Family.

Congratulations Hershey!!!! The 2014 Moto Limbo Champion. I am honored to have been defeated by you. Although folks did give me a "10" on my dismount. I so wish I could see what happened in third person...that had to look as goofy as it felt.

I have decided to REJOICE over the weekend for a few days before rehashing the learning curves for the next race. We often to quickly lose sight of the grand things right in front us by looking for more. Thats not to say their aren't things that don't need improved...but just being content and not complacent.

This was a great milestone for Ohio MX and the MX Family. I mean spontaneous clapping at the Riders Meeting and 633 entries, honorable/competitive/good racing, finished by 8pm, minimal injuries, and awesome fellowship...pretty cool deal. (I was in bed at 1:30 am and back up at 6:15 for concrete...WELL WORTH IT!!!)

I haven't written in a while...gonna get back in the groove with a full write up on CTMX posted by the end of the week.

It was good to meet some PR folk...didn't get to see Knox.

BTW...staging was great...it needs some tweaks...but that overall concept is the best that I have come across. I am glad it doesn't have a patent. Thank you for the compliments on working hard.

Cheers to CTMX!

Coolest Jersey award goes to Rupert X...THUMBS UP!!! (It wasn't the jackect either.)

Thank you MX Family for helping make my life good. You folks make me feel good. BRAP!

Last edited:
Tough act follow for sure John, however I have to hand to Jason, we talked about his Saturday night activities a little bit ago. He might have the best idea yet for his. For the record it is all his idea, and a damn good one. Trying follow these two races, I might have to hire rc to do a parade lap or something, CT and Malvern are upping their promoting game for sure.

i agree JO as he told me his idea! i may need to find a 450 just for that tho lol

Back