bike theft insurance

MXracn746

PR Addict
With all the reports of bikes getting stolen, I am getting a little nervous about mine, so I'm going to get some insurance. I found Progressive has it for $75 per year. Is that pretty good? For you guys who do have it, If you don't mind me asking, what are you paying and with whom?

Mines cheaper but a pain in the butt to get set up through cincinnati. That sounds like a good price.

With all the reports of bikes getting stolen, I am getting a little nervous about mine, so I'm going to get some insurance. I found Progressive has it for $75 per year. Is that pretty good? For you guys who do have it, If you don't mind me asking, what are you paying and with whom?
Get accessory coverage for all your aftermarket parts and keep receipts so they'll pay on all of it in the event the bike is lost.

I have gieco, bundle all my insurance through them. Home owners, vehicle and motorcycle. Mines 130 sumthin a year for my bike and quad with 2500 in accesory covorage on each. I get a good federal employee discount though since geico is government employee insurance co. lol

My 450 is insured through progressive for $164/yr. I think my rate doubled after my 250 claim. Lol. They told me no that's not why, they said my 450 is worth alot more than the 250 was.....

My victory 100 ci motorcycle has full coverage for 214/yr. and that covers everything.

My 450 is insured through progressive for $164/yr. I think my rate doubled after my 250 claim. Lol. They told me no that's not why, they said my 450 is worth alot more than the 250 was.....

That's odd considering I live in the south side of Columbus, though I'm outside the outer belt. Actually My zip code includes some of the southern part of the south side hood. I figure mine would be higher just because of that.

M
That's odd considering I live in the south side of Columbus, though I'm outside the outer belt. Actually My zip code includes some of the southern part of the south side hood. I figure mine would be higher just because of that.

My yz250 was 74 a year with $4,000 in accessory coverage.

I just called progressive today to talk about my policy and if I Hit animal, I'm covered.

So if I'm riding in the woods, and hit monster buck or see baby rabbit which causes me to totally lose my 450. It's covered.

Now I know they will fight that claim until the day I die.

And my 250 was a 2008. Which they told me was only worth $2100. But they covered all my suspension and aftermarket parts up to $4000 and settled with a 6100-250 deductible. Then I hurry up and bought a new bike and they by law in Ohio must pay the taxes if you purchase a new replacement vehicle within 30 days. . So I got another $400 in taxes.

M

My yz250 was 74 a year with $4,000 in accessory coverage.

I just called progressive today to talk about my policy and if I Hit animal, I'm covered.

So if I'm riding in the woods, and hit monster buck or see baby rabbit which causes me to totally lose my 450. It's covered.

Now I know they will fight that claim until the day I die.

And my 250 was a 2008. Which they told me was only worth $2100. But they covered all my suspension and aftermarket parts up to $4000 and settled with a 6100-250 deductible. Then I hurry up and bought a new bike and they by law in Ohio must pay the taxes if you purchase a new replacement vehicle within 30 days. . So I got another $400 in taxes.
Nice, thats good info Georgie.

Just make sure your agent goes over everything when you're talking about policies. Ask them to clearly define "collision" and "comprehensive."

More importantly just insure the dirtbikes. After the claims process is complete then the nausea isn't as grotesque as it would be if you didn't have insurance.

I decided to insure my 250 about 5 months before it was stolen. Before that have never had a bike insured because well I didn't think gettig a bike stolen could happen to me!!!

Back