Reserved numbers at Action Sports!

Come to think of it I do have one number on one side of the helmet, another number on the other side of the helmet, a different number on the bike or no number at all on another bike. And yes the transponder has its' own sign-up number too.

I've had, and they've used the same number on my helmet for three years now.
I bought a new helmet over the winter but haven't switched because of the number and transponder sticker on my old HJC.

At the risk of echoing like a scratched record, I just cannot get over how much fun I had at last Sundays GP. I just couldn't get over the idea that this is as close to real 1960's style hard core Scrambles/MX as you can get.
I regularly feed my brain with a lot of moto videos when I get time, from the modern Nationals races to old vintage flashback videos that I have and a whole lot of what you see in those videos we see on the GP track, as well as the endurance that it takes to go hard for 45+ minutes. The only thing lacking are large mega jumps. Which is fine.

There was a track section re-entering a wooded area, that had an immediate right hand turn-in, that rutted up very nicely with plenty of turn options, and then straightened out for about a 150 ft that just got knarly rutted and bumps, and I couldn't help but think as I was flying through this how much it was just like an old badly chopped up whoop-de-do rhythm section that was best when attacked fast and up on the pegs, leading into a hard left turn with a sweet rut.

I never cared for Hare Scrambles, but the speed and wide and opened up technical sections of GP racing has my silly ass HOOKED!

Been to a Fast Traxx GP NQ1965? Vet261, hershey and day181 stopped by Nelsonville for some sandy fun at the GP today. Not far from Action Sports but a different kind of GP experience.

I just pulled up their schedule. I'll aim to hit their next GP race in late August.

Don't hold out, give me some stories of how it was. What's it like?
"Feed me Seymour, Feed Me!"

A 'Little Shop' reference? Yikes!
I believe I heard while on the line yesterday that August 9 will be a GP makeup race, replacing a MX practice on their schedule. Don't quote me on that yet though because I don't see a schedule change listed on their site or FB page so far. If that's the case it will make six SE Ohio GP weekends in a row, a couple at Fast Traxx being two race day weekends.

A 'Little Shop' reference? Yikes!
I believe I heard while on the line yesterday that August 9 will be a GP makeup race, replacing a MX practice on their schedule. Don't quote me on that yet though because I don't see a schedule change listed on their site or FB page so far. If that's the case it will make six SE Ohio GP weekends in a row, a couple at Fast Traxx being two race day weekends.

You are correct on the make up GP date replacing the motocross practice. I heard it also. That Sunday will be his only motocross on the bigger track also.

I'm anxious to try it.
Earth mapping the track the only drawback I could see is that Nancy will struggle to see the whole race well from one location. I'll have to take her quad so that she can be mobile.

Looks like a nice long layout.

Fast Traxx GP.JPG

It is hard to see the course from any one location but if you stand in the middle portion where it overlaps the motocross track you can see quite a bit. The lap times are in the 10-12 minute range. You usually get 4 laps in 45 minutes unless you are really moving. It doesn't have as much elevation change as Action Sports but is still fun with a mixture of open areas and some more winding tighter turn areas.

After two weeks off we are back again for another great day of Grand Prix racing here at the Action Sports Moto Park on Sunday, August 3rd. We are ready for everyone to enjoy great track conditions and fun racing action.

Gate will open at 9:00 A.M. Admission $10 per person. Military Vets get in the gate and race for free with current Military I.D. Get to the track early to avoid sign up lines. Sign up is $30 for the first class, $15 for each additional class. 50cc and Mini ATV registration will be $15. Every rider must purchase a transponder. Transponders can be purchased at sign up for $10 and are good for as long as they remain intact. Make sure to test your transponder before your race, incase you need to obtain a new one. There will be NO AMA or DISTRICT membership needed.

You can view the highlights from the July 20th Grand Prix HERE. If you haven’t seen the highlight videos from the May and June events, head to our Youtube page to check them out.

As always, Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX, or join our mailing list for the latest racing news. You can also tag us on Instagram @actionsportsracing with your race photos from the Action Sports Moto Park.

For more info about Action Sports grand prix, and all other events at the Action Sports Moto Park, go towww.ActionSportsRacing.com.

See you at the races!

I'm anxious to try it.
Earth mapping the track the only drawback I could see is that Nancy will struggle to see the whole race well from one location. I'll have to take her quad so that she can be mobile.

Looks like a nice long layout.

You do know that your wife gets a workout running the hills at Action Sports? See you this Sunday!

Back