2014 YZ450f bogging??

MXracn746

PR Addict
I landed just a tad short on a long table top jump down at New Vienna, and I landed with not much throttle, and then it bounced just a tad. After that I tried to gas it and when I gave it the throttle it just bogged. I tried it again, and it did it again. Tried it again and it did it again. So basically at this time it wouldn't move so I shut it off, pushed it off to the side, and started it up and it was fine after that.
Anybody have a idea what happened? Bike had about 1 hour on it at the time. Didn't happen again.

Were you really low on fuel? Sounds like the injector was staving for fuel when you hit.

Just an idea.

About 1/2 tank. Just wondering if there is some kinda fuel shutoff incase if a big G hit or crash or something. I mean it would idle, but that's it. Had to shut it off then restart it.

Well I talked to the guy in the service dept at the place where I bought it and he said there's a G switch or tip over switch that caused it probably, and most of the guys who race them modify it. I asked him how and he couldn't tell me. Does anybody know?

On my zook it is mounted right above the head on the middle of the frame. I didnt mention that because they shut the bike off completely. I just installed mine upside down after doing a top end and the bike only ran 3 sec or so. I think the only way to be sure would be to replace it since its working fine now.

Those are the worst problems when you arent sure if you fixed it or not!

On my zook it is mounted right above the head on the middle of the frame. I didnt mention that because they shut the bike off completely. I just installed mine upside down after doing a top end and the bike only ran 3 sec or so.

You can't fix stupid!!!

I had some bogging issues at last yrs Battle at BC due to some bad race gas. Might try a fresh tank of fuel.
Also mine was very lean so I remapped it to the MXA test map and it runs like a champ.
http://motocrossactionmag.com/bike-...ckwards-but-now-they-are-straightening-it-out
A pipe really allows the engine to breathe.
Also be aware if yours is a '14 they are having issues (primarily with the 250 but the 450 uses the same parts) with the shifter detent coming apart
and the water pump impeller breaking. Yamaha has upgraded the parts.
1SL-18140-01-00 detent
1SM-12450-09-00 impeller

Last edited:
OK Thanks. It was new gas. And what happened was that it just simply wouldn't allow me to throttle up.. Nothing past idle, until I shut it down then started it back up again.. Thought was odd, but I practiced some more after that and it seemed fine. I'm coming off of a 2004 YZ450F, so this seems like a rocket to me. Better suspension, handling, and power. I'm very happy

Back