Finally done!

nitrofish

PR Addict
This has been a way to long of a project! Took 4 years on and off, 2 bikes, many eBay and vintage parts searches. Why so long? Well it cost me nothing except my time. I would keep the best parts, referbush the old and sell. 1977 XR 75, one of my first bikes I ever rode. She ain't perfect but a cool ride. Special thanks to Rob Miracle of Miracle Custom Coatings for the powder work and tank restore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 176
This has been a way to long of a project! Took 4 years on and off, 2 bikes, many eBay and vintage parts searches. Why so long? Well it cost me nothing except my time. I would keep the best parts, referbush the old and sell. 1977 XR 75, one of my first bikes I ever rode. She ain't perfect but a cool ride. Special thanks to Rob Miracle of Miracle Custom Coatings for the powder work and tank restore.
Shoulda brought it out to ride on the kids track at BC today...

Beautiful bike, nice restore. I agree about on the list to buy, forget Ebay, make sure a fellow Pitracer get's your nice bikes after you. Needs a BBR swingarm. It looks like it has a cradle under it which is a must. What brand is it? Thanks for sharing. You ever think of racing it at the Red Bud Grass track race in Oct. They have XR races that are a blast. Some folks bring out some pretty trick machines. They have single and double shock classes.

Damn that thing is sweet...I have one in the garage just sitting waiting to be redone...I could sit there in a chair and sip a drink or two staring at it in to the darkness!!!

Sweet! Now get a pit bike class at the vintage races. If they DID have a pit bike class-- I'm certain I'd be building a $5K XR75/80/100 with a full Tak motor! If you look in the Old Guys Old Bikes section, you'll see my soon to be restored YZ100. Closest thing they'll let me run to a pit bike in the vintage races. Should come out nice when it's done. --L*64

Back