Battle Weekend at Malvern August 9 & 10

MalvernMX

PR Addict
The gates will open Friday at noon. Gate fee is $10 for the weekend. There will be no Saturday gate refunds. Gates will close Friday night at 10pm.

Saturday gates open at 7:30am. Practice starts at 10am and runs till 4pm. Practice will be broken down into groups. We will try to keep rotations at about an hour. $25 per rider. Saturday night gates close at 10pm. Those coming in after 10 will be able to park in grass field across the road. The main pits will most likely be full anyway.

Saturday early race sign up will be open from 10am till 2pm and then again from 4pm till 8pm. AMA and OMA cards are required and available at these times. Reminder- AMA offers a 1 day membership for $20 that is upgrageable. Sign cost is $25 per class. Pro class is $40.

Saturday night entertainment: The Kames Sports/Fly holeshot challenge is scheduled for 6:30pm. We are also bringing in the sound equipment that is at the summit indoor so the place will be jamming.

Sunday morning gates open at 6am. Sign up opens at 6am, practice at 8:30 racing to follow.

Thermo-Tec AMA PRO-AM.....this should be interesting to see what range of young A riders trying to acquire enough points to get their pro license this draws in. We also will have Pro's who are there just to get their share of the $4,000 purse.

PARKING PARKING PARKING- This has been my biggest concern about this event. We have taken every extra step we can to be sure to have room for everyone but we need you guys to work with us. We have hired professionals to lay out parking areas and assist with parking so as to make the most of what parking we have. We have secured some extra ground and have an overflow back up plan. We will not be able to allow people to save spots so make arrangements to arrive with those you want to pit with.

Hmm, wonder if it would be better to drop trailer Saturday night and go back to hotel or just come bright and early Sunday? Thoughts? Either way looks like I'll be in the back 40...

We have a well (hydrant) for filling tanks to wash bikes only! It is NOT drinking water.
Scoob, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. :cool:

Hey Jason,

Thanks for a good track and good times. A lot of freaking peeps. Loved the racing and hanging with some ol' moto peeps. My first time at the track and I'll be back...just cannot say when. Only part that sucked were my starts and there is nothing you can do for me there. May try and talk a buddy into practice this coming Saturday morning...

See ya around Jason.

The delays were a bummer but worth it In my opinion. Track conditions were great (except for the watered jump faces) but you can't have everything

The delays were a bummer but worth it In my opinion. Track conditions were great (except for the watered jump faces) but you can't have everything

I agree with Randy that the delays were a bummer, but worth it. I am confident that Jason and crew will get the few shortcomings figured out. Thanks for a great weekend of riding and racing.

Before one outright complains, maybe they should just imagine trying to cater to that big of a crowd.

Back