Moto-Brain....real bad!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Raced two GP sessions at Action Sports yesterday. It seems that every race, is always a little bit funner than the last and just keeps getting better.

Expecting another mudfest going down due to Saturdays' hit and miss downpours..... Not so! The whole track was in great shape with just enough moist areas to keep it fun and challenging.

They ran the track backwards yesterday which is always a nice refreshing change up. The 11:00 session (Decade Class for me) was fast and very competitive. Everybody it seemed was in the mood to race.

The afternoon 3:00 session started even faster than the morning session and nobody in the 40+ class was willing to back off.............. That is until about lap 5, when the rain gods paid us a visit. We went from wide open to barely racing. First time I've ever had a race change like that mid way through. It got very interesting!

I tried my best to wind down and clear my mind on the way home and after, but it helped little. I got the worst nights sleep in months. Tossing and turning all night long in bed. My brain was still racing.

Repeated body jerks (everytime I entered a corner), heavy rapid breathing (dodging and accellerating), Deep gasps followed by sighs (approaching and landing jumps), night sweats (I sweat profusely during a race), sleep talking ( Move, Move, Move!!!! )

The 5am. alarm indicated that I had just completed Moto #3. Time to go to work. :D

Watched the videos of the races last night after the grandkids left and got my chores done. Got the brain gears crank'n again, almost didn't sleep a 2nd night.

I'm itch'n to do the RedBud Vet race, and I'm sure that once we go up, we'll likely want to do it every year. Actually, I'm itch'n just to race regular MX again, just haven't done enough of that this year. I would just like a MX track that I can full out aggressively attack like I do the GP track.

I'm also gonna burn a DVD of our race at AMA Vintage Days for you. You will be proud of how you looked. Nearly flawless and quick!
I'll get your mailing address from you when I get it done.

Sweet...that was way too much fun. I have a new carb to pick up for the 84 ...hoping to work out the bog before the next vintage race. I see no results for Sunset Ridge? anyone know where they may be? We had a family reunion to be at...

Link to Sunset Ridge results.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/dd82bdbdba0...5F93B53D62E2160DA&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

It did look like a nice track.

Did anyone go? If yes, how was it? I was planning on making Sunset Ridge but couldn't support enough weight yet on my shoulder from crash at Mid-Ohio. Recovery time at 50 plus is a bummer.

I'm disappointed that I'll miss Lincoln Trail with work travel this year. Made it last year and It seemed like it would be a great place to race but last year was so muddy.

Mike,

I know just what you mean, great term Moto-Brain!!! I raced Mid-Ohio VMD races each night for a full 5 days after the race. I looked up your GP race results, you were moving!

Going to fuel that moto-brain again tomorrow NQ? I have a decade bike ready to go...

Yea, about that....
Back in the middle of the week, I checked Fast Traxx schedule, they don't show a GP scheduled for this weekend?

The wife and I were questioning if we heard you guys correctly on this.

Fast Traxx GP yesterday. Always check their FB page (link on their web page) for the most up to date information. Think there were five decade bikes. I got frustrated with my '96 Husky again. Light turnout overall but it was a recently rescheduled race.

Back