Strouble

PR Addict
OIR Rider Appreciation & Benefit Day
Sunday, October 12th

Charity, Riding, and a Catered Meal!
Rain or Shine!

THIS EVENT ONLY WORKS IF YOU SHOW UP!!!
***PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY - ESPECIALLY REGISTRATION DETAILS***

Hello Everyone! On behalf of the MX Family, we invite you to come ride with us on this special day at Ohio International Raceway.

The intentions behind this event are to say "Thank You" to the MX Family for helping making Ohio MX possible. We need you and you need us (tracks) for this all to work...we wouldn't have what we do in Ohio MX without each other. This is also a time to help some of our local MX Family members in a time of great need for a great reason. The benefit is for Keegan Mcdade and Hailey Morgenstern

Hailey is just about to turn 2 and has been recently diagnosed with leukemia. Keegan is 2 going on 3 and has been recently diagnosed with leukemia as well. They have been diagnosed a couple of months apart. Keegan is in remission after his first round of treatments but has a long road to go with more treatments. Hailey will be beginning her first stage of treatments within days of this being posted and also has a long road. The hope for full recovery at this age is very promising in many cases.

We realize that their are many children, families, and people that have hardships such as cancer or any other disease, illness, handicapp, mental disorder, and so on that effects people and makes life much more difficult. It would be nice to be able to help everyone, but we simply can't...we are just trying to help those we can. Both of these families are actively involved in our local motocross scene and are apart of our local MX Family. People suffer all over the world for many different things...this is an opportunity to do something about it in a way that we can. Hailey and Keegan are the two recipients chosen to receive help based on no particular bias except it is children, the families are plugged into Ohio MX, leukemia is very serious, and it hits close to home...our home in motocross. Leukemia is well beyond a broken bone...it is life or death. We hope you understand our intentions and heart on this matter.

This will also be a time to gather as a family amongst friends, to ride, to truly take account for how good we have it, enjoy each others company and the sport beyond the competitiveness of the race track or our own personal desires. It is naturally about family, commmunity, and serving those in need. This event represents us as a whole. We would greatly appreciate your participation and anything you may sacrifice to be here and to help on this day.

Simply...this day is about US and BENEVOLENCE towards each other. This day is not about the amount of seat time you will get...but giving everyone a chance to be compassionate of the sufferings in life and ride.

The Shakedown!
Sunday, October 12th at Ohio International Raceway
5968 Newton Falls Rd.
Ravenna, Oh 44266

Gates Open: 7am
Sign-Up Open: 8am
Practice Hours: 9am-5pm
Lunch, Track Prep, Egg Throw, Guest Speakers: 12-1pm
Auction and Raffle Winners Announced: 2pm
- Silent Auction
- Ticket Raffles
- Giveaways

***We will keep the track maintained...this may require other short breaks.***
***The track(s)/facility will be fully staffed with flaggers and all personal needed.***

EVERYONE IS PROVIDED A GOOD MEAL AND DRINK!

Gate Fee:
Age 13+ - $10
Age 7-12 - $5
Age 6 and under is FREE

Rider Fee: $20

REGISTRATION - VERY IMPORTANT!!! RIDERS AND SPECTATORS NEED TO PRE-REGISTER!!!

EMAIL REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, AUGUST 11th at 7pm.
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY IN ADVANCE.

We need an accurate head count for how much food to provide and the amount of riders is limited...so pre-registration is highly important.

- By pre-registering you are making a PROMISE to be at this event rain or shine for the sake of the cause and the financial risk being taken to provide this event to the best of your ability barring some unforseen life circumstance.

- THIS EVENT ONLY WORKS IF YOU SHOW UP!!!

- ANY RIDER WHO IS NOT PRE REGISTERED WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK
- NO SPECTATORS WILL BE TURNED AWAY - BUT PLEASE PRE-REGISTER

The amount of riders allowed is limited. (Based on first come first serve basis...see details below.)
The amount of spectators is unlimited...but you still need to register. (See details below.)

YOU MUST SEND THE FOLLOWING EMAIL-
To:
jarrettstrouble@gmail.com
Title: OIR Ride Day

RIDERS MUST GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFO:

Name
Practice Group # and Name (SEE DETAILS BELOW)
-Give your First Choice & Second Choice of practice group if applicable.
# of spectators coming with you.

You will then receive a confirmation email in 1-3 business days. If you receive a denial email...then the practice group you choose is full.

SPECTATORS (If you are not already accounted for with a rider):
YOU MUST GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFO:

Name
Number of spectators with you.
You will then recieve a confirmation email in 1-3 business days.

ONCE YOUR REGISTERED AND RECIEVE YOUR CONFIRMATION - KEEP YOUR WORD AND SHOW UP TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY!!! PLEASE!!!

REMEMBER - THIS EVENT ONLY WORKS IF YOU SHOW UP RAIN OR SHINE. WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU!!!

Practice Groups & Order (Built for a BIG day.)

Big Track

-10 Minute Rotations
-Rider Limit in Parentheses
-ANY RIDER WHO IS NOT PRE REGISTERED WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK
-ALL RIDERS MUST GO TO SIGN UP TO PURCHASE WRISTBAND

-All riders will be given color coded wristbands for your designated riding group.

1. Bike B (50 Riders)
2. Bike A (50 Riders)
3. Vet/Vintage (50 Riders)
4. Big Quads (35 Riders)
-Shifter 150cc and Up.
5. 85/150cc (50 Riders)
- 16" Rear Wheel Max.
- 14" Rear Wheel Min.
6. 65cc (50 Riders)
7. Mini Quad (35 Riders)
- 70cc and up.
- Shifters 0-149cc.
8. Bike C (50 Riders)

Mini Track

-12 Minute Rotations
-Rider Limit in Parentheses
-ANY RIDER WHO IS NOT PRE REGISTERED WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK
-ALL RIDERS MUST GO TO SIGN UP TO RECIEVE WRISTBAND
-All riders will be given color coded wristbands for your designated riding group.

1. 50cc Oil-Injected (20 riders)
2. 50cc Jr (20 Riders)
3. 50cc Sr (20 Riders)
4. 65cc Beginner (20 Riders)
5. Pee Wee Quad (15 Riders)
- 0-50cc Only
6. Trail Bike (20 Riders)
- No Pit-Bikes
- Up to 140cc
- 14" Max. Rear Wheel

All questions and inquires can be made on here, by email, facebook, or face to face at the track. You can see Jordan Beadling, Mike Mcdade, Jarrett Strouble or Chet Clem.

We have sponsorship(s) in the works and confirmed sponsors. If you are interested in donating to the event...please email jarrettstrouble@gmail.com

More details to come...stay tuned!

PLEASE PASS ALONG ALL THIS INFO ASAP AT YOUR OWN WILL!!!

Last edited:
I hate Sunday practice. It's killing racing in Ohio. But thank you guys for supporting a good cause.

Last edited:
there are no OMA races that day, malvern the night before, so the hopes were that people traveling to Malvern could stay in the area and attend the event.

there are no OMA races that day, malvern the night before, so the hopes were that people traveling to Malvern could stay in the area and attend the event.

That's true, but it most likely will hurt Malvern more than it will help them. It seems like the OMA is constantly shooting itself in the foot. Practices on top of races just don't understand it.

i dont think it will hurt malvern, if anything i hope it helps draw in more people bc they can travel and race one day, and help out 2 great families the next

It is a great cause. But it's going to hurt Malvern. Every year there's three or four post about the low attendance at races Sunday practice is the number one reason why we have low turnouts today.

That's true, but it most likely will hurt Malvern more than it will help them. It seems like the OMA is constantly shooting itself in the foot. Practices on top of races just don't understand it.

Doubtful. Most of the guys I talk to like the idea of Malvern then OIR, because of the proximity of the two places, I mean relatively speaking. Riders down here can go to Malvern, camp out there then head to OIR, win win.

Group of around 20 were going to Malvern to practice but now are going to OIR. Closer and for a good cause. It sucks everyone piles dates up on top of another. Good Luck to OIR. I wish only the best.

Group of around 20 were going to Malvern to practice but now are going to OIR. Closer and for a good cause. It sucks everyone piles dates up on top of another. Good Luck to OIR. I wish only the best.

Is Malvern practicing Sunday? I guess I didn't know that. I know next weekend they have a Saturday night race, they aren't practicing Sunday, soooo, what makes you think he's doing it on August 31st?

I was told that they were practicing on Saturday. I don't know, maybe not. The guys I talked to said instead of practicing Saturday they would just go Sunday to OIR.

Ah ha, gotcha, I'm not used to one day riders! Down south we ride both days!

BC will be contributing some passes and shirts to the cause. Which is a damn good cause. I hope everyone will consider doing both tracks that weekend, that's a pretty good combo, pretty good moto weekend.

maybe you mean this saturday? for the battle for ohio???

We have moved the OIR Benefit to Sunday, October 12th. We want an ambulance and haven't been able to secure one yet. The sponsors have been flooding in. Labor Day is to big a weekend in recreation across the nation. School is starting. We can always use more time to prepare, organize, promote, and build this event.

We have chosen Old Carlina BBQ for food with a big spread. It was divine to speak with the lady from Old Carolina BBQ is managing our catering service; her boy had leukemia several years ago and is doing well. She immediately plugged me into multiple open doors.

We are going to add a sandbox MX track building competition. We want to add something along the lines of a Pro Gold Cup Race or a "Run what you brung" Gold Cup Race, or a relay race of sorts...bikes and quads...as long as we get an ambulance for racing. We want to have an ambulance regardless even though it is not required for practice. A sponsor is footing most of or all of the ambulance bill. If we can't secure one by the 12th the day will be practice only.

We will have a riders meeting, but instead of getting docked if you absent...you will receive $20 bucks in raffle tickets if you are present.

Facepainting and balloon making for the kids.
2 big cards to sign...one for each child.

Coca-Cola gave 400+drinks.

Most likely two framed autographed gear sets worn by specific riders as part of the silent auction.

Corn hole...and whatever else comes along.

Btw...Original44 gave me an apology at Malvern. I accepted. We understand the bigger point he was making which turned into a somewhat educational thread.

We also have a framed, autographed, Ken Roxcen jersey for the silent auction; who is also going to win the championship. :) Dungey, then Canard, and maybe Tomac in the top five...hopefully.

Back