Karsmaker's '73 Factory OW

mshafer62

PR Addict
For sale on Ebay for a mere 45 grand!
$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YZ/1...2684&clkid=8960219854828727084&_qi=RTM1562570

Someone had posted this on a facebook page I subscribe to (motodude) and I thought it seemed odd that Karsmaker's 73 Yamaha would be white rather than the factory yellow (like the rear fender on this one ) . Just figured Karsmakers happened to have a European version of some sort.

Later, I saw that Kieth Lynas spotted some odd parts on the bike and posted this..."First clue is the name Tellus.....they could take a good factory machine and alter it trying to rebuild/restore it (my opinion)......beyond that, this machine has a Honda front number plate and Honda lever assemblies (all production not works) not a chance Yamaha would have used either....plus these particular levers and number plate were not even made when this machine was in use (if it is really PK's machine) the VIN and engine numbers are suspect also....in this era they likely would begin with OW."

Could be Karsmaker's bike, but it wouldn't seem to be one he actually raced here in the states and apparently not too original for a 45k asking price. Someone on FB had said he sent an email to Karsmaker's asking him about his take on the bike.

Might want to check out Steve McQueen's documented 1971 Husky on evilbay . Think it is listed in the mid 50 thousands $$$$$$$$$$$ !

45K? Ouch! There was a guy at the Apple Cabin a few weeks ago on GORGEOUS '74 YZ250A? I was in kindergarten at the time-- and wasn't interested in riding bikes yet, but man-- that whip was fantastic! It had some Ohlins shocks too. MY YZ one-hunnert should fulfil my vintage needs.... I hope. --L*64

Back