2014 TransCan Canadian Amateur National Championships

Why did you need titles? When crossing the border? Or signing up at the race?

Asked by both Canadian and US Border agents.

I have a friend from Ontario who tried to get into the US. They parked him for 2 hours, as he did not have his title, then turned him around and said don't try again without one.

Saying that I went up 2 times earlier in the year in my van with 1 bike not 3 in a RV and didn't get asked. Maybe the quantity and RV were the trigger to get asked this time, but my friend had 2 50's and a small 8 ft trailer.

I'm thinking I am just gonna be on the safe side in the future. Titles and registration to the cars/RV's

I love this kid. We need to come up with a sponsorship for him in 2015 somehow.

Awesome! Put us on the list.. We try to get this web URL out at every national/international and big events we hit.

Here ya go! Listen towards the end!

We have some work to do on his public speaking, but he is a bit new to the podium stuff and big events! Struggled hard the first 2 motos to get them all in, so I set him up with a reminder card for his 3rd and final moto in hopes he would make it back up there!

Haha he'll get there, I'd bet he will have plenty more time up there to work on it. I'm a horrible public speaker, always have been. Good thing I'm way to slow to get on the podium. Hahaha

Asked by both Canadian and US Border agents.

I have a friend from Ontario who tried to get into the US. They parked him for 2 hours, as he did not have his title, then turned him around and said don't try again without one.

Saying that I went up 2 times earlier in the year in my van with 1 bike not 3 in a RV and didn't get asked. Maybe the quantity and RV were the trigger to get asked this time, but my friend had 2 50's and a small 8 ft trailer.

I'm thinking I am just gonna be on the safe side in the future. Titles and registration to the cars/RV's
Thats what I assumed.

Why did you need titles? When crossing the border? Or signing up at the race?
When crossing the border you need the Bike titles in case they ask for proof of ownership. You should also have the title to the vehicle you are driving and the trailer too. We also had letter written and notarized stating that Jesse had authorization to drive the RV and haul the bikes. Dont forget your passports. Have this all in hand and just give it to them at the border. It still wont keep you from a search. Jesse was detained twice with a complete search.

When crossing the border you need the Bike titles in case they ask for proof of ownership. You should also have the title to the vehicle you are driving and the trailer too. We also had letter written and notarized stating that Jesse had authorization to drive the RV and haul the bikes. Dont forget your passports. Have this all in hand and just give it to them at the border. It still wont keep you from a search. Jesse was detained twice with a complete search.
Makes sense, i guess.

They don't want stolen bikes getting sold across the border, you know how much money it would cost to expedite someone across the border. More then it's worth to bust a bike theif. lol

Back