CTMX - Battle for Ohio - Chp. 3 "The Battle Races are Finished"

Strouble

PR Addict

CTMX - Battle for Ohio - Chp. 3 "The Battle Races are Finished"​

What can be said about the OMA/AMA Battle for Ohio Series in 2014? Well a lot can be said for starters. We can choose to wade through the stink pot of drama and ill happenings, but that usually leads to disaster. We can take a look at the racing itself, the companionship of the MX family, the bling of the events, we can choose to revel in our own perspective. The point is that many things occur on race day. Each occurence can be looked at and examined in many different areas from many different view points.

Briarcliff was a fantastic race with lots of fun and real motocross living. The weather was awesome and track conditions were always race worthy both days. JO has improved his rough edges as a person and a promoter. He does work many hours along with many others to pull off the BC Battle Race...just like CTMX and Malvern. I like working for him. Kim Adams...well he is a loose cannon at times, but I did see him deal with a mini class issue with much class and character. It is easy to hear him. He just needs an attitude adjustment. I believe he does care. I care about him.

Many folks working at the track on our level of things get paid...but not enough.

I am not saying promoters are being overly greedy, but this isnt a profitable business to get rich in; atleast on our level. I am saying that the people who are committed to laboring in Ohio Motocross are each difficult to replace and valuable. They each complete their assigned duty more for the reward of being apart of the operation. For the joy we feel in seeing the fruit of accomplished and united efforts unfold before our eyes; for all our sakes. It is breathtaking at times. The Battle for Ohio Series is a breathtaking new light in our motocross community. Kim is worth fighting for.

Having a good, moral, and solid code of ethics in carrying out business and relationships is key...good character...all of us. We are all a work in progress. Are we willing to accept each other, hold each other accountable, and be willing to be held accountable?

Everything rises or falls on leadership. That is to say just what it means. Leadership is absolutely important; as equally important as those following leadership. Where their is no vision, the people perish. Look at what has happened...we as a MX Family and Community have vision and hope. If we work together honorably, we will not perish, but prosper!

Which brings us to the point of this chapter...LEADERSHIP.

I believe it was the first race I worked for Jeremy at CTMX, but that is when the first situation arose that I had to take a person to him (the promoter) to get a resolution. When the two approached each other, Jeremy pulled off his sun glasses, looked the man in the eyes, stuck out his hand, and said "Hello, I am Jeremy Focrum. What can I do for you?" I knew instantly that he was a man I could easily follow as well as the rest of us. CTMX is the only track that I have ever witnessed a spontaneous clapping of hands at the riders meeting for CTMX and the MX Family.

The Battle Races have been huge for Ohio MX...unlike anything ever seen before...fresh hope and vision. Ohio Motocross is gaining stability and steam.

I caution those in leadership of MX Tracks...people are now also choosing which tracks to attend based on how they are treated and that proper operation is in place. This is a good by-product of having so many choices of where to go ride and race. Every single person is important.

Ohio Motocross will balance itself out in time...I have no idea what that outcome is, but if we keep at it, it will happen.

Thank you Jeremy and CTMX Crew. You and the MX Family are truly worthy of applause for your races. Well, except for pit riding.

The racing for me is maybe half the reason I actually race..
So your point is well received . The experience is the reason to show up.

Good folk.

Back