OIR Benefit Moved to Sunday, October 12th.

Strouble

PR Addict
I apologize for having to change the date. What was once thought a good idea no longer is. We did announce the date change in the practice forum, on FB, and in person. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope to see you at the benefit. Pre-register to provide a head count for food from Old Carolina BBQ and to sign-up in your class via email. Please see thread in Practice Forum for all details and instructions.

The help has been flooding in...the event is looking good.

Now please...some help with the practice format. After all this talk of how practice is structured...an idea is offered up and we don't care enough to take an honest look at it to test the waters for next years practice formats that still provides adequate and a fair amount of riding between riders or what? What gives?

Thank You! :)

Open the pee wee track up again for 50's and slow 65's trail bikes ect. For anyone who doesnt feel comfy on the big track too.

Now please...some help with the practice format. After all this talk of how practice is structured...an idea is offered up and we don't care enough to take an honest look at it to test the waters for next years practice formats that still provides adequate and a fair amount of riding between riders or what? What gives?

Tried to give some input and did take an honest look. Unfortunately I can already tell it's not something I'd be excited to test the waters with.

To explain my reasoning-With the format proposed any big bike would only get a maximum of 55 minutes track time throughout the entire event/practice day. That's if they show up before 9 and are on time for each session. That's also over a spread of 5-1/2 hours.

8 class sessions is rough. I'd be on edge making sure I don't miss a session which is very possible if stuff runs late or I'm not paying attention to the loudspeaker. To much of a race day feeling when one may want to just
enjoy a chill practice session.

I hate sessions as is, but I do understand the need for them in this special event. 8 is too much, 3-4 could keep a nice flow goin and everyone happy

This is Jarrett's program and in knowing that, I am not trying to run the show, but I do have a couple of suggestions. 1- to run vets & women together with women first (this suggestion is only for pot stir points, since I have none), 2- we can comfortably run about 50 to 65 riders on the track at a time with a 2 minute lap . We can easily add a gp section, get the lap time up to 3 to 4 minutes and get 90 to 100 a session, this would cut way back on the number of sessions and increase track time for everybody. The pee wee track has and will be open , so all the little guys will be over there. Please remember what this is all about, and how important it is, we will do everything we can to ensure riders get as much track time as possible with safety in mind,

Tried to give some input and did take an honest look.

Yes you did, and thank you. I was hoping that with all the talk about Practice days, their would be more feedback. Maybe becuase of what this day is about, no one wants to speak up for fear tarnishing the event...I dunno. However, an event like this would be a good one to talk about for that reason alone because it makes us not focused on our own desires by-in-large when trying to come up with a suitable practice format. So feel free to speak up...anyone!!!

Gonna move this convo back over to the original thread...but this GP idea has me thinking Chet! :)

Tried to give some input and did take an honest look.

Yes you did, and thank you. I was hoping that with all the talk about Practice days, their would be more feedback. Maybe becuase of what this day is about, no one wants to speak up for fear of tarnishing the event...I dunno. However, an event like this would be a good one to talk about for that reason alone because it makes us not focused on our own desires by-in-large when trying to come up with a suitable practice format. So feel free to speak up...anyone!!!

Gonna move this convo back over to the original thread...but this GP idea has me thinking Chet! :)

Back