What about a 25+ A and a 25+ B/C

I know I'm going to stir a ruckus here but what about doing a 25+ A and a 25+ B/C class. The class is fast we all know that. But was just an idea me and another rider were taking about. It seems like anymore the top 5 in this class run the A classes. Regardless I'll still be running it but just wanna know everyone's thoughts.

You'll have 2 guys sign up for 25+ A. No real incentive to keep going to tracks for that.

25+ should stay as an open class. 25-30 year old riders are still young at heart. It's once you hit 30 I think there should be some seperation as you don't bounce off the ground as easily as you did in your twenties...

Exactly what I was thinking Georgie stagger them. Atleast then we are racing for a top 5 instead of trying to make the top 10

Last edited:
I think it is time for a major shake up on class structure. Every time you turn around people are calling for a new class. Guys we have 739 different classes now.
How about this, do away with 250 A B C and 450 A B C. Just go by age,
Then, since the track owners want more classes to help pay the bills, a have a 125, 250 and 450 class.
So the new class options are:
50 Oil
50 4-7
65 7-11
85 8-11
85 12-15
Schoolboy 12-15
16-24 B
16-24 C
25+ B
25+ C
35+
45+
Pro

With only 16 classes we could easily have 12 to 15 min motos and still be done by 6pm.

Now I know it is Groundhog day...

It's really unfortunate that abilities vary so much in the B and C classes.

Consider expanding out to B+ and B- classes and do the same for C. Forget staggering, that can be confusing.

450 C+ a little too fast and having trouble getting on the podium? Drop yourself down to the the 450 C-minus class and own it!

Just cut out practice entirely and do 2 lap motos...may need to cut second moto down to who wins the holeshot.

Better yet, Lets just set at home on the computer and tell everyone that we won our class.
Just cut out the middle man all together. Its cheaper, no one gets hurt, less track prep for the promoters, no sandbaggers, the only crappy parent letting your kids do whatever they want is you. And best of all. No loud generators keeping Hershey up all night.
Its a win win... Heck its an everybody win.

Wait, that's it....
You know they don't keep score in t-ball and youth soccer because "the kids can not take losing". We need the same rule in moto. Just do away with scorers. You just show up, "race" as many laps as you want, Leave with a trophy that says "participant". Yes, I know it sounds A LOT like open practice but trust me, its not...

I laugh, there is a facebook friend of mine that post his finishes on facebook, and they usually arent the finishes that I remember at the track. Some days there will even be a photo of him holding a plaque. I kind of laugh, and shake my head thinking.......was he at the same race I was......yep, he sure was.

Back