Youngstown MX open this Saturday and Sunday 9/6-7

Yes we are open tomorrow. We got a nice rain this afternoon. Not enough to worry about. Track conditions should be perfect.

Couldn't make it out today. Ended up watching Steelers/Browns game. Are you guys going to be open Wednesday or Thursday?

Had a pretty good time riding there today
Weather was perfect
The track is fun,jump faces are pretty much perfect,you get a pretty good workout
The only gripe I have is that I just dont see the need to disc so deep
I really hate to complain especially when you have a group of guys that are willing to devote their time and effort to
give us another place to ride but when we first went out the track was hard to try to ride with being disced that deep
Takes the fun out of riding fighting to get some laps in to get some lines worn in
I am out to have a good time,not fight the track
but then once the track was worn in nice and finally getting fun to ride practice is stopped and they disced it again
Wasnt dusty and I felt the track was really getting good
We just loaded up and left.
I really appreciate the effort put into making the track good but i think the need to disc that much ruins the track
Just my 2 cents but I had to say it

The track was awesome Sunday, as always. And here's my two cents about track prep. If you DON'T disc deep, and you get a bunch of bikes (or wind, or heat), the track is junk all day. It dries out too fast, and just gets dusty and what ruts have formed get rock hard. There's no crystal ball that shows exactly how many riders will show up (or what skill level they'll be), and I'd rather have it a little too deep (which I don't agree that it was) than not deep enough. Yesterday, there was a VERY wide range of skill level, so I'm sure for some it may have been a challenge to some degree earlier in the day. But track prep like that is what makes ALL of us better riders.
TPMX, you really missed out by leaving during the break. The track just kept getting better and better. By that time, there was a decent amount of bikes there, and the new lines formed up quickly and the traction was damn near perfect. I rode til my hands hurt.

To each his own I guess
Dirt World (as an example) never discs that deep and as far as Im concerned is one of the best prepped tracks around
No matter when you go there the track is going to be perfect and it is NEVER disced that deep
I feel for the soil condition at Y-Town it is disced way to deep
I guess everyone prefers something different and as I said it wasn't for me.
You are probably right,it may very well of got better as the day went on
It is a very fun track to ride for sure,I really like the jump takeoffs and landings,these guys got them perfect

Back