Sag setting for quad

Tom

PR Elite
Looking for information on sag setting for Quad, 1987 LT 250R for indoors mx racing. Thanks. Tom.

It changes a lot depending on how much beer you're carrying. So we'll need that to give you
a starting point.

Looking for information on sag setting for Quad, 1987 LT 250R for indoors mx racing. Thanks. Tom.
Its pretty simple, you put the fat chick on the quad and see how much she sags....................

sag is for motorcycles, don't screw it up by setting the sag. Go by frame height off the ground. You need to be on a level floor, like a concrete pad. For TT, you should shoot for 5.5-6" from the bottom of the frame to the floor, measure that point from just below foot peg. Then measure from the bottom of the frame at just behind the where the lower a-arm mounts to the frame. Same deal from the bottom of the frame at that point too, but just behind the lower a-arm mount closest to the engine. The difference from front to rear should be even to 1/2", it just depends on how much weight transfer you want or need. Always adjust your ride height with spring preload only. If you cant reach 5.5-6", then you have the wrong springs. That is quad suspension 101.

Just re-read your post, I assumed flat track or TT. If you want a moto setup, probably go with 6.5-7", because indoors are smooth. I typical go with 7.0-7.5" for outdoors.

sag is for motorcycles, don't screw it up by setting the sag. Go by frame height off the ground. You need to be on a level floor, like a concrete pad. For TT, you should shoot for 5.5-6" from the bottom of the frame to the floor, measure that point from just below foot peg. Then measure from the bottom of the frame at just behind the where the lower a-arm mounts to the frame. Same deal from the bottom of the frame at that point too, but just behind the lower a-arm mount closest to the engine. The difference from front to rear should be even to 1/2", it just depends on how much weight transfer you want or need. Always adjust your ride height with spring preload only. If you cant reach 5.5-6", then you have the wrong springs. That is quad suspension 101.

Just re-read your post, I assumed flat track or TT. If you want a moto setup, probably go with 6.5-7", because indoors are smooth. I typical go with 7.0-7.5" for outdoors.
Thank you.

Back