PW50 Training Wheels

rosch726

PR Member
Does anyone have a set of training wheels for a PW50 that they no longer want? I have a friend who has bought her son one and I am trying to help her out. Let me know please. Thank you.

Honestly the best thing she could do is NOT let her son ride with them on. If he cant ride without them make him wait til he can.

My kids are very small for their age, 33lbs at almost 5 years old. They have been riding bicycles without training wheels since a month after turning 3, the pw50 this spring. Training wheels become a crutch and they are also dangerous IMO.

TOTALLY agree. My son also started riding a bike at 3 1/2 and a month late a PW50. I would never let my son ride with training wheels. If they are not ready for two wheels, they are not ready for a PW.

I got a pw with the training wheels for sale, 300 for the training wheels and I'll throw the bike in for free. lol

Yamaha made a PW50 with training wheels that was a lot safer and didn't cartwheel, called a "TriZinger".

We are into this as well.
The oldest grandson is 5, grandaughter is 4, and younger grandson is 3.

I told the oldest just as soon as he could ride his bicycle without training wheels, that we would buy them a little motorcycle.
So, I started working with him real hard for about a week and he did it.
Shortly thereafter I picked up the PW. Started him out on it all over again just like we did on the bicycle. In two days he was riding OK.
I have the throttle limit control screw turned way in and gradually backing it out as he gets better at handling the bike.

Starting out, I was having to run alongside him in case he spilled it so he wouldn't get hurt and then discouraged. He's doing much better now.
Almost immediately after watching the elder grandson, the granddaughter wanted her bicycle training wheels off too, so I am working with her now.
The three year old loves riding the PW with me holding it up for him and running alongside. He understands throttle control, but he can barely reach the foot pegs.

Like the guys said, if they can ride a bicycle without T-wheels, then they can learn a PW.
I began by standing out like 10 or 12 ft in front of him and having him focus on me as he rode towards me and I would catch him. Then I just kept standing further and further away.

We also have them in riding pants, jersey, chest protector, helmet and goggles so they grow comfortable with safety gear on.

Looked at them, and I was sold but the wife wasn't.
She couldn't get past the cost and cheap plastic wheels.

Plenty of time!!! she said.
You taught our four kids to ride, you'll teach dem grand-munchkins how to ride!

Isnt that a trike? kiddding KIDDING.....ha ha

Yamaha TriZinger - Same motor as PW50 = PW50 with training wheels.

zingjumplgfile.jpg

Hey, I pulled the training wheels of mine. It became my toy since the kids want nothing to do with it. Bring me a case of Busch light and you can have em. Lol

Back