MXON

There's a great article with Decoster, and Tomac on RacerX. Tomac said he had arm pump the first moto and the wrong set up on the forks. Roger spells it out perfect.

This years team was fast and wanted to be there. Bad starts and crashes doesn't win the nations though.

2015 team: Villopoto, Tomac, Cianciarulo.

Just got to watch the race... great track.
Don't have a big problem with the riders considering it is my eyes the "B" team (poto, dungey, canard) I do have a problem with (some may consider this blasphemy) DeCoster. It looked like the team had never seen sand...ever... not understanding the starting line and the first turn where it was clear that the 250's had to be on the inside for any chance. If the bike was not set up correct for Eli, that reflects on lack luster prep which the team manager is responsible for.
Don't say they were more tired then the gp riders. They have been off for a month while the others raced just 2 weeks ago. And they have more rounds and tons more travel.
Come on. Dean Wilson did better overall then ALL of the Americas. He has not bet dungey of tomac once all year.
Put TWO sand tracks back on the ama schedule. Make poto ride. On one leg he could have rode better then Martin. Make McGrath or Carmichael the manager. You know. A guy that has rode for the USA. On a bike with ONE rear shock

I think a month off helps them recharge after racing since january. Riders at that level dont lose anything in 4 weeks of not racing. Remember, they are still training for this race!

Martin was a bad pick, he did just what I said....choked under pressure.
Dungey never has that killer instinct to win at all costs and he needed it this race.
Tomac Im on the fence about.

Bad gate picks and crashes never end up good.

Hershey, Who would you have picked for team USA? Just bench racing with you and curious.

By the way Martin didn't choke. He went down superhard on Saturday and got hurt.

Just bad luck this year for team USA. They just couldn't catch a break.

Yeah, I am not sure Martin was a bad pick. He was the most consistent and proved to be the fastest man outdoors on the 250 this year. The kid is very young. I am more curious to see if his supercross improves this year, or if he is truly just an outdoor MXer.

I know Martin was on the top this year with the 250 class. But he is a rookie, its still new to him and he started the season without pressure. It built on him as the season progressed. I believe that he was put under pressure and stress going to this event against a group of riders and a track that is completely new to him. A seasoned veteran is equipped much better to handle those stresses.

For that reason alone I would have sent Baggett instead of Martin. Tomac was a great pick and I think Canard would have been on my team too. Not sure if I would have traded Dungey or Tomac for him but Im thinking Dungey should have stayed home. He is one heck of a rider and a great person but lacks the killer instinct to go for it when needed unlike Canard and Tomac.

Back