How bout some Delta feedback?

Jeez....it happened almost 3 weeks ago, never heard anything anywhere about it coming up, and haven't heard anything afterwards either.....

I will give my 2 cents. Great track - had a long loamy, sandy track mixed in with a double jump infused track with some whoops. It had a fair share of "should I do this or not" which I like. I think it was about 2 miles in length. They basically took the regular track and added 1+ miles to it. Nothing over the top and as an added bonus on Saturday night they had modern racing for great spectating. It was a bit hard to watch the 10 year old doing everything we wouldn't do on a 65! All in all really well done and I would go back. I hope they do it again next year.

The vintage results listed your bike as a Yamaha, what bike did you race Jeff?

If I were there with you guys, I would still be wound up about it and motor-mouthing for a week.

Last edited:
So how do you think the track and event went over with the hardcore AHRMA members?

I'm not digging for negativity to criticize with, just honest evaluation. Some of them boy's seem very picky about track choices for AHRMA events. You race more AHRMA events than any other Pitracer member we have, you know how that crowd thinks.

Having raced with and against you, I believe you'll race your ass off and have fun on whatever they lay out in front of you.

Last edited:
I wasn't there but I looked at the results and they are ridiculous. Only 6 of 31 classes had
three or more entrants and three of those were +50 novice, intermediate, and expert.

Why not just have a 30 minute +50 moto and let everybody else ride their fancy vintage
bikes around for 30 minutes while people go Ooooohhh, Aaahhhhh.

Then drink beer.

Sturdy maybe you should have been there and on a bike,maybe everybody would Ooooohhh,Aaahhhhh over you?

I'm with MX - so you don't go and then you speculate "it sucked". I guarantee you can't find one of us that did go to say the same thing - I got to ride a great track on a great day with some great people and drove home better for it. Judging from your fancy comment perhaps you don't understand why those of us that do like these events do it. For those of us that do appreciate V and PV lets not forget that not supporting the tracks within striking distance that do offer it is probably ruining our chances in the future.

Sturdy maybe you should have been there and on a bike,maybe everybody would Ooooohhh,Aaahhhhh over you?

OK, ya'll missed the point I didn't make very well. 31 classes with 1 or 2 people in each is not a race.
It might be a great ride and a great track and a great way to celebrate old cool bikes and old
cool guys and gals but it isn't a race.

I did it once upon a time and would have been in that +50 expert class that was one of the only six races of the
day. Another 9 months I move up!

I felt like it after your fancy combined with ooooh and aaahh comments got me going I guess and isn't that what you are saying anyway? You couldn't stay away from more in your next post with the gals and moving up comments. I would rather you just keep your comments to yourself then get more people thinking like you do. I am sure the people that promote these races would also.

For those of us that do appreciate V and PV lets not forget that not supporting the tracks within striking distance that do offer it is probably ruining our chances in the future.

Agreed.
And if this aerial photo of Delta is what we have there, then I would say it's probably well worth supporting.
2010_old_pics027.jpg

Man, .... dearly wish I could say that I was going.

We've raced all of the Action Sports GP's this year and have two more to go. We raced Action Sports and Mid-Ohio vintage events this year, raced the Battle at Briarcliff, and raced mx at COCR 2 weeks ago,(and would love to squeeze in this coming Sundays race). I gotta get us a moto van if we're gonna be hitting the road to race. We've come a long way with our racing, but just aren't there yet.

NQ this race in KY is on sat. Ive been wanting to race at Drews in the decade class with you but races have been when im somewhere else.Season winding down KY this week,then Hi-point,Indiana,Missouri,off a week then Rio Bravo.

I would rather you just keep your comments to yourself then get more people thinking like you do. I am sure the people that promote these races would also.

I'll take that under advisement.

Two people riding around on cool old bikes still isn't a race.

I'll take that under advisement.

Two people riding around on cool old bikes still isn't a race.

Maybe not to you,but at Lake Sugar tree two weeks ago Denny Swartz was on my tail for about 4 laps before he slipped by me with nobody else around and it sure felt like a race to me1

Back