Anyone go from a Honda to a Kawasaki?

Vargo671

PR Addict
I currently have a low hour 2007 Honda CRF250 and have been considering moving to a newer, fuel injected bike. With the leftover Kawi's priced so low, I was thinking of maybe picking one up. Is there anyone out there that went from a Honda to a Kawi, and if yes, could you please share your thoughts on the transition (positives and negatives). I've read the KX has more power, and due to my weight there are times where I could use the extra power.

Any help appreciated!

Interested in comments also.

I only have older MX bikes but am thinking of the same move with the deals out there.

I was considering either a RMZ250, KXF250, or a KTM 250SX. I have seen all for right around $5K - a little more or a little less.

The 2 stoke is tempting because that is what I am used to. I rode a friend's 2002 KTM 250 SX about 10 years ago and didn't like it much. I am sure they are very different now but if anyone has a newer KTM 250SX would like to hear thoughts.

KXF is very tempting.

Honestly I feel going from a 2007 to any new model will feel amazing. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new bikes and you wont be disappointed. I recently went from an 08 ktm250 to a 14 rmz250. That was in May I believe and I am still grinning from ear to ear and can't believe the difference in the bikes.

Reactions: TBO
Yama? Um, no. That motor's backwards and everyone that gets on them, falls off. it's like they started designing them, and never stopped. They should look back at the 07-08 YZ250f's and see what a good bike rode like. Or look at pretty much any Honda in the last 10 years.

I've raced on CR's and CRF's for decades. Excellent bikes. Are they the most powerful? Not usually, but a local level, they're all good. Hondas handle good and make you feel comfortable. If you're comfortable, you ride faster. Period. I switched in 07 to a KX450F and loved it. Wore it out and after trying some others, bought an 08 CRF450 for fun. It was great. Just like old times. Fast forward to this year, 2013 KX450F with CR high bars. Best bike ever. GOBS of power with the higher HP coupler in it, great suspension out of the box and just like old times, it feels like a Honda with more power. Just get one. It's not a lifelong commitment or a six year car loan. The Kawi's are mean, light and comfortable. The 2011's are a bit heavy, but basically same engine. If you don't like it, sell it and buy something else. They're just bikes, not children.

Paul, you can ride my 14 any time.. you would be surprised at the inaccuracies in your statement.. no bs.. its an awesome bike..

Like Kelly said, any new bike will feel awesome!

It's like anything else in life u take a hand full of riders and let them ride all the new 14's and 90percent of the time there all gona like a diff bike me personally If I were gona buy a brand new bike It would be a yam all the way I rode one and they fit my style and I feel comfortable on them

We just made the switch to Yamaha. I was not thrilled by the idea at first but Zack loves the bikes. His starts have drastically improved along with confidence of knowing he is on the strongest equipment out there right now. I would say he has even picked up a noticeable amount of speed in the last couple months. Good bikes!

Yamahas are fast too.

My yam 450 I just sold was an awesome bike. The suspension is the best right out of Japan.

I can't handle a 450, I'm considering a yam 250f. They're sick.

Sold eh?

Purely for the fun of it, I think my 14 is for sale too. Still have a weird infatuation with a different blue and white bike.. lol

I'm just too light for a 450. I have no business being on one. The only way I can rationalize having one is when I'm totally done with school and can dedicate some time to riding and racing. I don't ride nearly enough to just jump onto a 450 and have a good time. The bike rides me after two laps and all I do is fight it. The hit is too hard for me, I can't stand my arms being tore out of my sockets. And if I get an ounce of tiredness, that's it....I have to pull off or severely slow down so the bike doesn't wallop me into the ground.

I did ride my buddies 12 kx 450....the kawi's feel like the 06-08 crf 450s. They're wide for todays standards as bikes are becomingly increasingly slimmer. I think going from a 07 honda to a new Kawi would be a great, and easy transition.

I'm just too light for a 450. I have no business being on one. The only way I can rationalize having one is when I'm totally done with school and can dedicate some time to riding and racing. I don't ride nearly enough to just jump onto a 450 and have a good time. The bike rides me after two laps and all I do is fight it. The hit is too hard for me, I can't stand my arms being tore out of my sockets. And if I get an ounce of tiredness, that's it....I have to pull off or severely slow down so the bike doesn't wallop me into the ground.

I did ride my buddies 12 kx 450....the kawi's feel like the 06-08 crf 450s. They're wide for todays standards as bikes are becomingly increasingly slimmer. I think going from a 07 honda to a new Kawi would be a great, and easy transition.
OMG.....I didnt realize you were such a puss!

Back