Here ya go Knox only $265,000

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
Motocross racetrack known as Rocket Raceway in operation since 2005. Great location for this type of facility, no zoning allows for unlimited use.Races sanctioned through AMA District 6 and the MDRA for both motorcycles and quads. Track open for paid practice on non race weekends.

upload_2014-10-1_9-59-14.png

http://www.jimbullsells.com/Property/PA/17264/THREE_SPRINGS/22382_STARR_ROAD

That's not a bad deal. If the equipment is included. Actually heard good things about that track.
PROBLEM is... ITS in Pennsylvania. Its hard to make Ohio look good, but PA has done it for 100's of years.
Yuengling, That the only thing I could come up with that is worth a crap from Penn.
I pass.

What, I would NEVER buy a place that allows them Quad things to ride there. Can you imagine the back lash Knox would have to deal with when he told them NO more quads? He might get up in one of those large trees in the back ground.

think you miss read its only 31 acres. that's $8548... and its still in PA
you were looking at the annual school tax

Get 10 guys to go in with you, and make it into a club like Meadowlarks. I've been thinking about doing something like that myself. Then I could have the track to my liking, and it would probably pay for itself with practices and races. The payment would be minimal on a 30K property. --L*64

Problem with that is the other 9 "owners" Moto clubs don't work. Sure they often have staying power due to the low investment cost but when so many are in charge, no one is in charge.
Maybe a small group would work. Not sure. But if it keeps a track open, it's worth a try.

Problem with that is the other 9 "owners" Moto clubs don't work. Sure they often have staying power due to the low investment cost but when so many are in charge, no one is in charge.
Maybe a small group would work. Not sure. But if it keeps a track open, it's worth a try.

Amherst has been up and running for years......

Ya. I believe Meadowlarks has been in biz since the 1950's. The problem with Amherst if there is one, is that there are 125 members that vote on track changes, and operations in general, and that a good number of those members change year in and year out. If you are in a $300K property with only 9 other like-minded guys, that makes it alot different than a non owner run club like Meadowlarks.

Years ago I read an article in a M/C magazine called "The Hangar". It was about a group of guys that went in and bought a small warehouse where they kept their Ducati's, tools, etc. They had a bar set up, had parties there, and just basically hung out in general. I always thought it would be cool to have a property with a group of guys that had a track, a row of garages to keep the bikes, and a cabin to have bonfires and riding parties. It's been on my mind for awhile now. I just may look to round up some guys in the next couple years and do it. --L*64

think you miss read its only 31 acres. that's $8548... and its still in PA
you were looking at the annual school tax
Your correct, I goofed it up. Over 8K an acre is way too much. Does the house and barn come with, equip. also?

Years ago I read an article in a M/C magazine called "The Hangar". It was about a group of guys that went in and bought a small warehouse where they kept their Ducati's, tools, etc. They had a bar set up, had parties there, and just basically hung out in general. I always thought it would be cool to have a property with a group of guys that had a track, a row of garages to keep the bikes, and a cabin to have bonfires and riding parties. It's been on my mind for awhile now. I just may look to round up some guys in the next couple years and do it. --L*64

I've been flirting with this idea for years now. My brother was on board until he moved away. All I want is a barn and a field. Sharing it will 4+ other guys would lessen the financial burden for everyone. Anything under a 1 hour drive from Columbus would work. The more secluded the better.

I've been flirting with this idea for years now. My brother was on board until he moved away. All I want is a barn and a field. Sharing it will 4+ other guys would lessen the financial burden for everyone. Anything under a 1 hour drive from Columbus would work. The more secluded the better.

Hell, my property is made up of 4 lots. Let's all go in on one, built a big garage with a bar and living quarters, done. :) Actually if you wait long enough and I just happen to have some good fortune, you'll have this anyway. :)

You need the right people. When I moved here and built my track I had a few people that helped out and rode all the time. Life happened and they moved on. Ive been trying for years to get people to just help for an hour a month for free unlimited riding. This year I had a few people really help out but it was short lived and the riding isnt happening. I do have at least 4 people that I know would come and help anytime though but it seems everyone is too busy to just hangout and ride once a week.

Oh! So I'm NOT the only one who had this train of thought? Sweet! I worked with George S. about 15 years ago for a coupla months. My dad told me that if I wanted to buy the track from George-- he'd make it happen for me. The problem is that riding dirt bikes, and understanding how a track operates, isn't the same thing as doing what it takes to prep and maintain an MX track. I can mow grass, and I'm fairly good at dealing with people, but George had abilities well beyond anything I was capable of. If you know the guy-- he's a backyard McGyver! I had to shamefully tell George that I'd love to have his track, but there's no way in the world I'd be able to pull it off by myself. Since then-- I've been toying with the idea I described above.

Beans IMO is a fantastic facility. Pit took me there a few times, and aside from it having a few obstacles that are alot gnarlier than my liking, I LOVED the track. Problem is that it'd be a bit far for me to drive on a regular basis.

I feel that this thread has taken an upturn now that it seems like there are a few guys that would be interested in having a small "MX Community". There are a ton of "Golf Communities", why not an "MX Community"? --L*64

I will tell you right now why it won't work......it's the same reason clubs fail. Too much fighting, jealousy, arguments....etc etc. why you ask? Because nobody wants to put in the work. Unless you are working on it week in and week out, it will never be worth it. It's easier to pay the $25 and move on, that money is being out to good use at select tracks in Ohio, you can find them here: www.omxa.net

J-- I gotta disagree with ya in that the clubs fail. You may be right about the fighting amongst the members, but I would attribute that to having soooo many members involved. (I think Amherst keeps 125, and I have no idea about Western Reserve). Those clubs have been successful longer than we've been alive.

The work-- that's definitely the issue. It's not that I won't do any work, as much as that I don't really know what I'm doing. I was thinking that 10 guys would diffuse the work load, and the cost. I can mow grass and weed wack, but I don't know anything about heavy machinery. I DID disc Smith Rd. a few times under close scrutiny from George however. --L*64

When I think of successful motocross, I don't think of either. I think they're surviving, I don't think either are succeeding.

Last edited:
Back