OIR - Sunday, October 12th - Open Ride Day

Strouble

PR Addict
On behalf of the MX Family, we invite you to come ride with us on this special day at Ohio International Raceway. The intentions behind this event are to say "Thank You" to the MX Family for making Ohio MX possible, to raise awareness of Leukemia, andraise funds for "Treatment Costs" of Hailey Morgernstern and Keegan Mcdade.

Gates Open: 7am
Sign-Up: 8am
Practice: 9am-6pm

Gate Fee:
Age 13+ is $10
Age 7-12 is $5
Age 6 and under is free.

Rider Fee: $20
-Practice will be split into sessions on Main and Mini Track.
-Main track will be Motocross and GP style (GP is weather permitting.)
-As of right now...all 50cc machines on Mini Track (subject to change.)
-Practice Order will be determined the day of event.

Activities: (some are weather dependent)
-Riding
-Sand Box MX Track Building Competition
-Fund Raising Auctions and some door prizes.
-Face-Painting and Balloon-Making
-Egg Toss at me.
-Guest Speakers
-Corn Hole

RAIN OR SHINE!!!
BIKE AND QUADS WELCOME!!

Lunch...food deadline is 10/6/14 at 7pm. Meal is free...email jarrettstrouble@gmail.com with a name, and total number of adults and kids.

The fundraiser package is looking good. It appears that conditions will be prepped by nature...better than any man can do it...atleast that is what I am hoping for...either way...the scenario is good for track conditions being two days away.

First door prize up for grabs is a nice RC Truck that is ready to go.

We have some cool stuff and many people have pitched in.

One neat item is a weekend practice, race, and camping package totaling $190 in value from CTMX for next weekend's Monster Moto-Mayhem Event.

Thank you to everyone that is coming and helping. No matter where you ride this weekend...do it for the good that is in life. Brap!

Both fathers will be speaking along with a man named Bill Goebel...all about life and motocross.

Get your eggs ready...you can bring as many eggs as you want to throw at me. It's BYOE. Please...DO NOT HARD BOIL THEM!

And that's awesome Nick...hopefully Hailey and Keegan will both make it.

A special thanks to Kames Sports.

Also to...OIR for cutting us a break...OIR receives $15 per rider. The remaing $15 covers expenses...which we are keeping as small as possible...the rest is fundraiser. It should work out to $7.50 per person to expenses and $7.50 per person to fundraiser just in entry fees if your a rider unless we have a really good turnout...then more money will go to fundraiser.

As a reminder...adult ride is $30...$10 admission and $20 practice fee.

Thank you also to tracks and promoters for donating to this non-sanctioned event including OIR, BC, CTMX, Malvern, MX 213 and Hand Racing. I'm sure others would have donated...but I wasn't trying to get greedy with items...stuck with current personal relationships. I wasn't going to ask or accept something from a track I have never been too or haven't seen in awhile...like Apple Cabin...bummed I didn't get to see Frank and Dorae or experience Apple Cabin this season.

Pumped for Sunday! Brap!

Just wanted to say kudos to Jarrett and OIR for putting on a great fundraiser today for such a good cause!!! The weather was perfect and the track was fun and held up nicely. It was nice seeing everyone out having a good time and spending time with family and friends!:)

Biggest News of the Day...BROWNS WON! We told Steelers Fans they had to go home and was surprised that they were let in gate at OIR...unbelievable!!! The blame falls on our Steeler Security Staff at OIR. We will have that handled next race...thank you for standing with us through this ordeal...it's a tough task. We will get it done.

Today at OIR...Victory!

I hope everyone enjoyed their rides today...Ohio Dirt was awesome. Chet and his crew have momentum now. OIR is turning tides...keep it up.

Today was bitter sweet. Hailey was able to be their and she was active and in good spirits once things warmed up a bit...what a sweet child. Unfortunately the Mcdade Family was unable to attend; Keegan needed hospital treatment. Please include these families in your thoughts and prayers.

It was a laid back, fun day altogether with a bit of reality check.

Eggs...well, they all broke. ;) Waiting on some footage hopefully.

Thank You Everyone! Looking forward to writing about this day and CTMX CH. 4 (Safety is the topic) this week.

Back