Smith road listened

Salamon947

PR Member
Last night was a epic night at smith. Fall riding at its best. Larry listened to all our constructive criticism and killed it. Ruts were lining every corner, no water needed, and used the back half of the track for some serpentine action. Awesome job, for all that missed it shame on you buddy boy!!!!

Damn it, I wanted to go but yesterday was the kids birthday! Glad to hear they added more corners to the track!

Im sure the rain this week helped to keep the moisture in the ground too. Fall riding is the best!

I wasn't very happy with it the turns did have some move Ruts but that's about it shortest layout ever

Last edited:
You Northeasterners are very fortunate to have Smith Rd.
It's a great and fun track to keep yourself tuned up on. Especially in the middle of the week!

Track at smith road was epic on Wednesday, I was smiling ear to ear all day! Awesome track conditions and lay out, the fall weather and rain earlier in the week for sure helped a lot. Track was to perfection all night! Well done, now we just need that every week and that place will be filled up like old times! Very fortunate to have a place like that close to home so please come out and support the cause, best time of the year to ride for sure. The new track layout was fun and fast, I believe one that I have never ridden before even in all the years I have been going their. Track was definitely not short, I believe longer lap times than normal, anyone bashing the track layout or the prep needs their head checked! Well done again and thanks for restoring the faith!!!

People always talk about it when it's bad news, great to hear some good news this time. Good job Larry. Hope it's like that all the time now. --L*64

As much as I like to complain about tracks in NE Ohio falling apart, I must give props when deserved.

I went to Smith Rd last night, the first time in quite a while. I havent liked the direction the prep and design has gone the past couple of years. I was including my hopes for positive changes in threads on here as well.

I figured mother nature had done Larry a favor yesterday, that and my boy wanted to ride a new track. He just turned five and has a new fire lit this past 2 or 3 weeks about riding. So we loaded up and headed north. The crowd was really low, I expected that since we are short on riding time this late in the year on week nights. Got the boy riding and having fun on the pee wee track. It had been groomed recently by a dozer as evidenced with tracks on the sides. It was a bit slick but in really nice shape for the young guys! Austin cruised around for some time. I got the 125 out and hit the main track......WOW!!!! Not only was the prep perfect but the powers in charge did actually listen to us! The track reminded me of Smith rd from the past! So many turns....turns with ruts, flat turns, muddy section and perfect tack almost everywhere! Turns up hills , down hills. Turns over the hills. I was in moto heaven!!!!

Larry......please keep up the work like last night! Supreme job on a winding, twisty track with mixed in straights and fast sections. Keep it up and watch your attendance grow next year. You did a fantastic job of providing moto heaven!

Back