Final AMA Vintage National of 2014

Weather conditions were perfect. Track was spectacular. The only thing they change from the modern motocross track was too big doubles where they filled in the gaps. Been a great year riding and racing the series again.
Bill and I had our usual great battle in the 40+ b. I was fortunate enough to Edge out a win over him over the two Moto's. We were tied going into the last Moto.
The best part about this series is the different tracks and all the guys that make the series. Keeping the bikes running all year and looking forward to the racing each event.

Alex Hunter from AMA have some different plans for next year. Possibly three Moto format at mid Ohio is one of the possible changes.
Glad the bikes made it through the whole year and Jack still ended up with the second and third in the points in a few classes even though he was not able to make the last three races.
I ended up first in 40+ BC and second and evo three 250 b
No regrets glad I raced the series thanks Ama!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 123
What a blast, 7 races in 5 states, a variety of tracks all well prepared and promoters very welcoming and pleased to host a AMA National event, and a bunch of new friend and great guys. OHIO & PIT RACER was over represented in both the participants and the results. I was fortunate to win #1 in the evo 3 125 & 50+ classes. If you didn't run this series consider building a bike for next year, the AMA has plans to invest and grow vintage racing both nationally and in the Midwest. My RM 125X was a $500 E-Bay purchase so there is no better deal in MX.

Attachments

• Casey IL - Copy.jpg
    Casey IL - Copy.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 119
Back