bilstien shocks

HalfPint

PR Addict
I scored a pair of bilstien shocks for the front of my ram for $35!! a buddy got em off the scratch and dent table at summit racing for his 1/2 ton ram but they was miss labeled and they ended up fitting my 3/4 ton!!! great deal you say,$400 later there installed!!! it all started looking for the top bushings that took 3 weeks to find because there not called bushings anymore now there called shock mounts!!!anyway after finding the shockmounts I proceeded to start the replacement process, the nut that holds the shock to the shock tower came right off!!! I jacked the truck up on the frame to relieve pressure on the rest of the fasteners and everything went down hill after that!! the bottom bolt wouldn't even budge with an impact it took a 2.5 foot long ratchet,wedging my shoulder against the passenger side tire and pushing with both feet to break the bolt loose!!got that out and started on the shock tower nuts,the 1st 2 came off easy & the 3rd 1 broke off after that I gave up & called Blakes diesel care & let them take care of it!! 3.5 hrs of labor, 2" leveling kit, a sway bar link & $375 later the shocks are installed !!!!

Back