Pro Wheel or Excel rims?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I need to lace up a new set of rims on my whip. The stock rims have some hops in them. The Excels are about 130 bucks each, and the Pro Wheel rims are only 90. Are the Pro Wheels chinko? Are the Excels worth the extra $80? If my dad were reading this, he'd say that ya get what ya pay for, but he didn't ride dirt bikes! --L*64

Im not sure on Pro wheel but my DNA wheels are cheaper wheels and the spokes constantly loosen up. I attribute that to soft wheels flexing. My excel wheels on the other hand rarely loosen up at all.

i was sponsored by pro wheel years ago and had no trouble with them.. currently have 2 sets of them laced up...nothing is unbreakeable but they seem to be holding up to my spode riding...

I need to lace up a new set of rims on my whip. The stock rims have some hops in them. The Excels are about 130 bucks each, and the Pro Wheel rims are only 90. Are the Pro Wheels chinko? Are the Excels worth the extra $80? If my dad were reading this, he'd say that ya get what ya pay for, but he didn't ride dirt bikes! --L*64

Your dad is correct in this case also... You get what you pay for. In my experience the Pro Wheel is almost as good as the bottom of the line Excel, but nowhere near as strong as the Excel A60.

Oh. Great! So they ARE worth the extra money. If it were easy to swap out a set of rims, that'd be one thing. Lacing up wheels is a huge pain in the ass, so I kinda just want them done and done. I need them for both my beloved 150F, AND my YZ100. The YZ rims are completely junked with hops, dents, wobbles, and loose spokes. --L*64

Back