Get ready to go wide open at the first ever Action Sports Sprint Enduro

ActionSports

PR Addict
Since 1979 Action Sports Promotions has been on the leading edge when creating new events. Action Sports built the areas first night time supercross track in Nelsonville, Ohio in 1980, created the Team Harescramble Championship of the World in 1984, and started America’s largest arenacross, the Columbus Indoor Motocross Championship in Columbus, Ohio in 1984, which continued through 1999. Action Sports also created the world’s first indoor jet ski race at the Fairgrounds Coliseum in Columbus, Ohio in 1991, created the first night time AMA National motorcycle hill climb in Logan, Ohio in 1994 and created the areas first Grand Prix in Nelsonville, Ohio in 2003.

Action Sports is excited to welcome everyone to our first ever Sprint Enduro on Saturday, November 15, 2014. This is exactly how it sounds, a sprint race, one lap at a time, as fast as you can go.

In our Sprint Enduro each rider will race one lap, return to their pit if they wish, grab a drink, or work on their machine before starting their next lap. Riders will start each lap separately 10 seconds apart so every rider starts with a clear track.

Starting at 9:00 AM each motorcycle rider will ride a minimum of 4 laps on a longer modified version of our Grand Prix course. After all the motorcycles have completed their laps the 65, 85 and supermini riders will run their laps, again, one lap at a time. The second motorcycle session will begin immediately after the minis.

The first ATV session will take place immediately following the 2nd motorcycle session. The micro mini ATV’s will take place next followed by the micro mini motorcycles, followed by the Youth ATV’s. The final ATV session will take place immediately after.

The accumulated time of each rider’s laps will determine their finishing position in each class. Awards will be given to the top placing riders at the end of each race session.

Individual awards will also be given to the rider that completes the fastest single lap for Pro motorcycle, Pro ATV, Amateur motorcycle, Amateur ATV, Mini Motorcycle, Mini ATV, Micro motorcycle and Micro ATV.

We hope you will join us for this new type of racing.

Classes-First bike session starts at 9:00. All other sessions begin immediately following the session before.

9:00-Bike Session 1
Pro 1
Lites B
Lites C
30+
50+
Open (251-Open B/C)

Youth Bike
Supermini
85 Senior
85 Junior

Bike Session 2
Pro 2
Open B
Open C
25+
40+
Women

ATV Session 1
16-29
30+
40+
50+

Youth ATV/50 Bike
ATV 125
ATV 90
ATV 70
ATV 50
50 Senior Bike
50 Junior Bike

ATV Session 2
ATV Pro
ATV B
ATV C
ATV Women

If this were any other track I probably wouldn't even consider it since I've never gotten into enduro riding. But knowing your track/course, and how fast and wide it is, sounds like it could be fun.

Although this thought isn't necesarily the objective, If you're a slower rider, starting at or towards the front, you'll have to race your tail off to not get caught and passed, and if you are a faster rider starting in the rear or last, it would be fun to see how many you could chase down and pass.

Can you describe "longer modified version" ?
Live engine flag start ?

I suck at starting off at full pace, I need time to get up to speed. Even 4 lap motos are hard on me because Im just getting to speed when the checkers hit! Lol

Might be good practice for that problem!

After reading this post I realize I've been a participant in all but one of the mentioned new events. The only exception being the hillclimb where I was a spectator under the lights. I've probably done as many GP events as anybody. I'll give this new one a try but I'm very partial to GP racing for a whole host of reasons.

Should find out more tomorrow but I'd imagine looking at the schedule that they'll use part of the team hs course.

Back